VOYAGER | Nyan Cat Flux Build | 16s + lots of amps

Yeah if it is possible to adjust I would much prefer that, since the charger is perfect otherwise.

1 Like

Alright so after a couple days of testing and riding this board, I’ve got some photos and videos to dump in this thread.

20 Likes

This board is absolutely insane. Sounds like a jet engine and has so much power behind it. At 130 motor amps I am able to get up to 30 with what feels like no effort at all, just a blip of the throttle and you are already there. I’ve only been able to get close to full throttle so far, I think it will be a while before I can really slam down on it with confidence. In this video I am only hitting about half throttle, was hard to accelerate fast while still holding the camera.

11 Likes

Freaking beast! I love 130 motor amps :cut_of_meat::rocket::zap:

4 Likes

There are still some things I need to do to this board though. Next up will be 84a WFB formula bushings from riptide, to get a decent turn radius I had to loosen the stock bushings all of the way (I can twist them with my fingers) which leads to a really loose feeling in the center, leading to me getting wobbles past 30. I think with softer bushings I will be able to tighten them down more, eliminating the wobbles but fixing the turn radius. I am also bottoming out on speedbumps and rocks a lot, so I’m going to get some longer truck bolts and 3d print some 1 inch risers or something. I might even go with angled risers to further help the turning but that will be farther down the line I think. I also still need to go back and waterproof and loctite everything. I’ll be buying a better gasket for my enclosure because the stock one is really cheap and squeezes out the sides in some places when I tighten down my enclosure. I also struggle a lot with getting the bolts on in the first place because the battery is really sqeezed in there. I actually had to clamp down the enclosure to get the bolts on in the first place. I think a thicker enclosure and longer bolts would help with this a lot. Other than those things this board has been an absolute joy to ride, my Meepo Hurricane now feels like a toy even in the highest speed mode lol. The range is also amazing, even with the 63v charger I rode for two hours yesterday (30mph avg) and was still sitting at like 58v.

3 Likes

Absolutely a game changer!

2 Likes

Sorry about the charger dude. It must have been mislabelled from factory. The electronics are fully digital and only the factory can program them so I’ll get another one sent to you asap.

PS board looks amazing🔥

8 Likes

Also if you want maximum lean with the strongest centre feel I’d suggest riptide APS formula. The WFB are stable but tend to have a weak centre feel because they’re just too squishy

3 Likes

No worries at all dude, other than the voltage everything has been awesome so far. These motors sound meaaan :fire:

3 Likes

Oh interesting, I’ll look into that. That is very much in line with what I’m looking for in terms of feel so I think that would work out well. I’ll probably be going either double cone or cone+barrel.

2 Likes

Sounds good just remember that APS takes a little while to break in so give them some time if the resistance feels right but overly reboundy

1 Like

I’ve had great luck mixing APS and krank on pkp trucks.

4 Likes

Those colors pop like crazy in the sun… it looks awesome! I made +5/-5 risers for my board as well. I also added aluminum skid plate panels too because the belly on my board hangs low as well and it doesn’t even have a cool pop tart paint job.

3 Likes

Yeah a lot of that paint is now gone lol, I might try to source some more scratch resistant paint or something and try again. Do they make bedliner in different colors? :thinking: Thank you for the kind words dude.

1 Like

Best bet might be 1-3mm thick coloured plastic like nylon if you can find the right colours. Scratches will be the same colour then. The only “paint” I’d expect to have half a chance of surviving would be epoxy laid on thick which is very permanent

1 Like

Hmm yeah that’s true. Since it’s just cosmetic I don’t think I will worry about it for now. It will also scratch less when I print up some risers.

1 Like

Build is looking epic! Let me know if you’re looking for a wired-in headlight solution, I don’t have support for these trucks yet but I’d like to make them compatible if you’re able to help me out with some dimensions

2 Likes

That would be sick dude, I don’t really have the funds right now but possibly in a couple of weeks from now. I can dm you the dimensions if you tell me which ones you need.

I’ll DM you some info, and you can send me the dims, I’m working on supporting as many trucks as possible, and these ones seem pretty easy to add to that list

1 Like

Alrighty, softer bushings and led strips are on the way :fire:

1 Like