Vesc repair service?

Does anybody offer vesc repair service still? Im in USA and need at least one 4.12 100amp maytech esc looked at. If anybody can help me out thatd be awesome. I think the built in antispark failed. Not sure tho. Mahalo

3 Likes

To my knowledge, @JohnnyMeduse still does it

3 Likes

also @MartinSp

4 Likes

Okay, i will message him. Was hoping somebody in the usa might wanna tinker with it for me as it is not a high priority. Thanks

1 Like

Both credible repair men,both been arround since the dawn of the vesc! I am biased as I’ve only ever used
@MartinSp and will be again shortly for a blown antispark on a xenith,his turn arround time is fast! Some say he can solder in his sleep!

1 Like

I wish I got my broken VESCs fixed before brexit, bit worried about sending something for repair - its bound to be far more complex a thing than the uk gov has prepared for lol :expressionless:

2 Likes

Mine got held and they wanted a ridiculous amount of information i.e. materials its made of etc i wish i never put “repair” on it! Sent back to me however,marked as “gift” and €7 was no problem getting back in to the UK.

2 Likes

Well aware of the drv wizards reputation, i have used his services in the past, and wont send an esc all the way to eu for repair as i live in Hawaii. Was hoping i could avoid international postage for what may be a simple fix. I sent Johnny a dm but have not heard back yet.

1 Like

Johnny told me he isn’t doing esk8 repair this summer. He is too busy and it’s “not worth his time”.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words and recommendation @WARMAN
I would just like to add to the customs issues, if you send the package as a “gift” or some other option that implies that you are not sending commercial package or goods you will be OK. You should also add a price of the goods lower than 20€ in most countries. I mark it as 7€ because 7 is a lucky number :smiley:
I should also mention that it is probably not very legal but as far as I am concerned most countries have far bigger problems than look for customs avoiding people that save a few euros and lots of time…

3 Likes

@Dmaxx Sending the device from Hawaii to Slovakia (central Europe) would most likely cost around 30$ plus postage back and repair would be another 40$ so at that point you might as well buy a new VESC… If you want to you can PM me some photos and what lead to the damage, I can give you pointers and links to what to order from Mouser/DigiKey to fix it, getting the service itself done would be cheaper locally at some computer or phone repair shop.

2 Likes

No worries Martin your work and service has always been spot on! I’ve learnt my lesson when it comes to customs,honesty is not the best policy! Be in touch soon…

1 Like

Hi there i have a focbox unity and it broke today my friend pjotr said u where the go to man for this kind of stuff am i in the right place and with the right person?

2 Likes

Hi @Jasonverbraecken,

yes I do repairs, right person right place :smiley: Can you PM me some details about the problems? Ideally some picture too if there is visible damage.
Thank you @pjotr47 ! :slight_smile:

BR, Martin.

2 Likes

Hi
great wel last 2 weeks i swapped tyers and i noticed that my board started using more battery and my amps where going up it began to ran at a steady 55 to 66 degrees in my peli 140 case witout extra heatsink
once it got to hot and it gave a dvr fauwlt but when i restarded the board and checked the vesc tool the fauwlt was gone but today i turned on the board i accelerated and at 5km/h it cut out and turned off my battery was stil full and my wheels started to freespin i took of the rubber casing partialy and then i saw that tiny component that looked like it was burned u can see it on the picture i dont now if there are more things broken or burned but i dont think so
i dont now how i can pm u privately so thats wy i am answering here
i cant upload links or pictures here so if u go to my profile u wil see a google drive link that wil take u to a folder with 2 pictures

2 Likes

Aha I see, thats the infamous LM5060. A pretty easy and common repair on Unities. I will PM you, you can not PM me since your profile is too new.

1 Like

ow wel then glad it is an easy fix tho
great il be waiting for it
(im gona take that link down btw)

1 Like

Spintend UBOX V2 100, pulls 17amps before motors rotate, tried with another set of new motors out of box, same issue.

2 Likes