VESC FW 5.x - Beta Testers wanted [SERIOUS]

you’re literally walking the path of pain I experienced jumping from Unity to FW5… HFI was awful…
what I do now is set everything up on one VESC(side/motor) I write down or take screen caps of every single setting
then I swap to the other VESC (side/motor) and carefully check each and every setting…

and then I save the config

2 Likes

yeah man this is so confusing to me. My Unity shows up as one VESC.

2 Likes

on the App? or the desktop?

my Unity shows up as two VESCs one ID#10 and one #11

1 Like

on both the app and desktop…ohh ok i see the two now. The values like max brake regen is only one value but that value is per VESC correct.

1 Like

Hi, can someone confirm if the IMU or gyroscope is already working on the unity?

yup… motor config is definitely per vesc…

I’d been on Unity so long I fogot everything VESC related… what I did was go thru @mmaner’s
ACK tutorial to refresh myself… It’s not 1 to 1 exact but it gives you a feel for what must be done…

good luck buddy, you’ll get it… hang in there!!

2 Likes

thx… i’ll read up on it some more.

1 Like

I haven’t actually tested it, but the IMU is physically on the Unity
I’ve seen the pull additions and the change log on beta FW5.02

So far, the changes are:

• Bidirectional current mode for VESC Remotes.
  • Motor temperature measurement fix on unity and stormcore.
  • IMU calibration improvements.
  • VESC Tool does not allow uploading firmware to all VESCs on the CAN-bus if they have different hardware versions.

It should work as the IMU on Unity and stormcore are the same, but I’m not about to flash new (beta) FW to my working boards to check it out…

2 Likes

Don’t fuck with a board that works

1 Like

how I got here to this very point was failing to follow that sage advice…

1 Like

So much this. Unity converts who’ve never used vesc tool be like

6 Likes

lol, lmbo fuck yeah…that’s me all day long.

1 Like

went for a store run today going about 4 mph I hit a bump and my board powered off. about 10 feet away hit another bump powered off again. to test this theory avoided all bumps and took it easy…no power off. purposely hit a large bump…power off. I remember seeing this somewhere but I can’t find it. anybody remember the thread this was in?

1 Like

Hopefully not for the motor detection settings though?

hopefully

I record my motor detection settings

Sometimes I even average three detections

3 Likes

Probably not a bad idea, have you noticed better behaviour for using averaged settings?

Not a bug, it’s a feature.
Cut off the power button completely and when you get home just give it a lil thump on the ground to shut off.

On a more serious, general note: when Vedder returns from his break on this project, are we hopefully going to see improvements on the user interface? Maybe? Please?

And a noob question: what does switching frequency do on the foc mode? Did anyone try changing from the default?

1 Like

No​

1 Like

when you posted that, I thought about it… nothing really wrong about doing it the averaging method, but usually my motors detect very similar settings…

sometimes our ADD gets to us trying to perfect art, that we end up on a fools errand to pick flyshit out of the pepper mill…

:wave:t4: I’m guilty of that at times as well… :wave:t4:

2 Likes