Vesc DRV fault, skateboard cogs and brakes

Hey my skateboard is unrideable, the motor breaks and cogs everytime I accelerate or brake does anyone know how I could fix this? Here’s my settings when the fault happens

I’m also looking for some bullet connectors I have some pretty cheap ones for the motors so I’m thinking it could be that

1 Like

DRV fault is a hardware problem.

Make sure your connections are solid.

Sometimes this is an end of life behaviour though for a motor controller.

Why bullet connectors? Solder them together and shrinkwrap them.

2 Likes

Sounds like your phases are shorted. Could be your connections or an internal short in the motor.

Dud you change anything or do anything in regards to the motors before this started happening?

1 Like

I’ve had cogging due to a battery with a fucked up p-group/otherwise shittily built

1 Like

I was waiting off on soldering because I’m going to get wider trucks for a reverse mount so I can put on 110 big wheels I have. Unfortunately I need wire extensions because it won’t reach the vesc. So I guess I could solder them now and when I get everything together resolder them again with the wire extensions.

No I haven’t done anything new with the motor. I’m almost 100% it’s the bullet connectors I’m going to try soldering them instead of putting on new connectors