• Stormcore 60D+
  • Flipsky 6384 190kv
  • 12s7p
  • Generic Electrical box
  • Boardnamics BN-AT 5.2:1
  • Trampa Holy pro well used from @Lee_Wright
  • Metroboard 200mm tires

Commentary

The box is held on to the deck with some of that really strong hook and loop strips. I also added rubber to dampen vibrations. The next thing I’m doing is printing some covers for the belt drives. They’re super loud but make people take me seriously. I also bought some 85V LED’s so I don’t need to have a buck in my build for lights. Also, do you know someone I could get to print some of these for me? I’ll make it worth your time $$. My 3DP isn’t large enough to print them.

Pics

Before I blacked it out

22 Likes

Yee, I can print stuff for ya

Also, sweet build!

2 Likes

Expect me in your DMs

2 Likes

Damn u better double or triple those series connections if u wanna pull those amp numbers :fire:

7 Likes

13s 4p unity, 3 bits of nickle in your series connections. Living life on the absolute edge there

5 Likes

Each of those is 2x layers of nickel, just didn’t show in the pic

It’s still pretty bad because of the layout… all cells should have direct nickel connections to the nearest cell of the next P-group.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll weld some 30mmx0.2mm strip over them in the future. For now, I’ll lower my battery rating.

So I lowered it to 70A, I rarely ever hold full throttle longer than 6 seconds.

1 Like

Thanks for the prints @surfnacho! They came out great. I gave them a coat of epoxy and installed the belt covers last night. Also got a smaller motor pulley to get some more torque.

!
Ready for the snow!

Next up is the concave inserts. This one I’m more nervous for.

8 Likes

Ah they look sweet. I was super impressed with the strength of those :call_me_hand:t4:

Build looks great!

3 Likes

Blew a sensor today in the snow. I knew I should’ve sealed the sensor board oh well. I CANNOT STAND SENSORLESS STARTUP! HFI never worked for me so I don’t wanna hear it @b264!

I’m looking at encoders now. Where should I get them? I really really really do not want to solder those tiny ass wires so I’d prefer something that already has the same connector.

Fuck

Edit:

What is this thing? Can I get rid of it? What is the name of the connector that the unity uses for sensors? I looked for diagrams but none have the name included.

7 Likes

But sensorless makes such a nice noise. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

JST PH 2.0

search phrase
unity sensor port / unity sensor connector / xenith sensor port / xenith sensor connector

1 Like

thank you bro. I think I may just buy new motors and seal the sensors. I hear good things about flipsky

1 Like

i have their battle harden 6374 motors, been running few months only, but its great so far

their latest motor is also closed can, it should help to protect the sensor :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Same, mine are running great, even though the cans are already pretty beat up

2 Likes

I’m switching to a bigger blacker box. I’m also adding a better charge port and one of @surfnacho 's heatsinks

The extra room will let me add 100W of 12V accessory power for lights and USB PD fast charging.

5 Likes

Woo. Looks great :+1:t3:

1 Like

I’ve made some changes so here’s an update

Also I added lights. I didn’t have a good way to route power to the front of the board without having some ugly exposed wire. So I did research and found this cool flat wire that goes under the grip tape no problem.

The lights are from LaCroix bought used. They’re hooked up to a 12v 120W buck in the board

7 Likes

new light set up is dope man nice work

2 Likes