V1Wheel little FOCer 24S VESC onewheel upgrades SHREDWHEEL

with regular stance you would never step there anyways. so much room for activities like this.

huh not unless you did a trick… so better idea to keep it out of the footpad area entirely.

1 Like

I think one issue I was not thinking about is something going under the footpad then you crush it against the inside cases.

That looks janky

1 Like

I want to use this general bushings mounted footpad idea to make my own footpad sensor.

The copper pads on either side might get shorted unless there was a rubber boot

Shorted footpads isn’t the worst thing… I mean look at the Giant Thrust FM.

2 Likes

Haven’t really been following this thread great
Sorry if it’s a stupid question but what you using for the frame?

1 Like

Funking rails clearlyy

jk rails from Onewheel V1 (2014-15)
bang bumpers and XR footpads that are due to replacement.

Hoping to get some aftermarket footpad sensor for the next board that will have XR rails and BadgerBumpers. Motor wise either a superflux or floatwheel 6in hub.

The gearbox hub is still in planning phase.

1 Like

Do you know where you can get the rails from
I want to build one but can’t seem to find a good base to use

1 Like

I mean you could get these!
Jk that’s like 600euroz
Many of the aftermarket ow parts makers sell new rails or you hop on fb or whatever and find someone with old ow rails for like $60.

Funwheel and Floatwheel rails could also work.

Lastly I have seen some good builds that just use random alu or steel stock.

1 Like

Ffs never posted the “good” detection results.

V1 onewheel transverse flux motor detection “500w” VESC Little FOCer. TFM

These are also some numbers. The observer gain at the bottom is advised here to be changed to half it’s current value.

for the hypercore “you should end up with 0.7-0.9”
3.62/2 is 1.81 in my case which is a bit more.

1 Like

@rusins What is this cell comparison tool? Where could I go to learn more about it?

1 Like

https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

Though these days I just look at Mooch’s e-score tables:
Mooch’s Battery Ratings and E-Scores Tables

3 Likes

Thank you! Looks like an invaluable tool, will have to play around with it.

Onewheel V1 Transverse flux motor TFM 500W pictures.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16Q0OKYmkN0YYeElRBHfq2wFAdG8NNEsh?usp=sharing

Can’t exactly make heads or tails of what the motor driving characteristics for this need to be, compared to standard bldc. The coils are where the stator usually is??

3 Likes

I really want to tag @hummieee or anyone who knows the first thing about making motors. Not that traditional motors experience transverses over to this. Btw John do you still offer motor rewinding? Not for this but for a regular ow motor.

@Pedrodemio
@linsus

@professor_shartsis (joke tag… Unless)

1 Like

I have enough work winding motors for the moment so just winding what I have for now.

Could still use a Vesc I think.

I thought transverse flux were kinda state-of-the-art n rare but guess not.

2 Likes

What a crazy design, first time I’m seeing something like that

Definitely gonna dig into it for a bit

My first question is why? Seems like you have so much copper weight as non torque producing overhangs (the part of the winding wraps around the teeth to go to the other side) and so much space wasted due to it which still adds material cost and assembly complexity

But there must be a reason to do a design like that

Edit: pretty genius design actually, if you guys want will dig it a bit more and see if I can summarize it, and it’s actually the opposite of what I said above, instead of having windings overhang that are useless to produce torque, essentially all the copper mass in the motor is used to produced torque

Thanks for sharing @Fosterqc

3 Likes

Yes please

3 Likes