[US] New Surf Rodz RKP and TKP

Well the reality is you don’t want the truck mounting bolts to stretch at all, as soon as they start stretching, weird things happen

Now of course they are strong for sure but the major benefit of Titanium is weight savings (in more general terms) besides the corrosion resistance. That’s crazy though that you had that much on your eovan!

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely don’t want them to stretch either. But I’d still rather it stretch a little than snap while I’m riding. Plus it would be easier to remove.

I know it’s overkill, I’m probably overthinking it. I just don’t understand why they’re considered unacceptable for esk8. It actually seems like a good option for this particular application.

Titanium screws will not stretch TWICE as much as good 12.9 screws. I promise you. Even so, the through holes would not allow them too, before shear.
If you are concerned about rust and corrosion, go with a blue zinc plated screw, but make sure it’s 12.9 ( or high strength) The cheap black oxided screws do nothing against rust, as they black oxide them in batches with oil left on them from processing, they always rust.

5 Likes

In the end, do not wast your money on titanium screws for this application.

4 Likes

Word, I’ll stick with it then. Your TKP’s look sick btw!

1 Like

Thanks! They are a little wider than surfrodz and more expensive. Shorter versions may be coming.

6 Likes

Someting to fit 6355 without a big gap would be sweet :pinched_fingers:

6 Likes

giphy (18)

1 Like