{Updated} SOUL SURFER (V1.2) | 6370 190KV Flipsky Motor | 2x 5S 8000mAh Lipo Batteries | 4.12 Flipsky FSESC | (COMPLETED...For now)

Alright, so might as well make a thread because I’m gonna need a lot of help with this lol. All my parts are in, just waiting on the BMS and looking to get fuses, today I decided to test fit everything to make sure it fits properly. I’ve had these caliber II trucks lying around for a few years, never used them so why not use them for this build. Let’s get this shit started!

8 Likes

Looks like it’ll be a nice light and simple board.

4 Likes

Update: I put the mount together wrong so here’s the correct way it’s suppose to be lmao

4 Likes

Looking good. You excited? Also, show us the custom deck you made.

1 Like

Hell yea! So since this build will probably be the biggest one yet I wanted to go all out. I ordered veneer the same time I ordered the parts and once all that came in, I got to work. I know this board is gonna be fast so I decided “What will make a person feel like their surfing?” Then it hit me. Pintail has a surf board like shape, ironically my piece of shit Menards brand jigsaw broke so I went out and got a Skil jigsaw, worked like a charm, after I vacuumed the veneer together, i shaped it, sanded it smoothly, rounded the edges and I came out with this

I sketched out a few graphic designs but those are on my iPad, I’ll add them on later. Don’t know which to choose so I’ll leave that up to you guys, my opinion their all creative in their own ways. Other then that, I’m gonna be practicing soldering all tho my joints have gotten drastically better then the first time. Looking at fuses and possibly a name for the board when it’s complete

3 Likes

Here’s the graphics I designed. Which one should I go for?

4 Likes

I really like No 1.
Looks futuristic and has references to electricity.

2 Likes

Good choice, would match the criteria of the electric side of the board haha

1 Like

Little update: drilled in the screws for the gearing and for my first time ever doing that, came out even and straight first try

1 Like

Number 1 all the way.

3 Likes

Looking good, are those 12mm pulleys?

1 Like

15mm

1 Like

Update:My BMS came in yesterday, the one question is…how do I wire this all up? :joy:

Go here and just post a picture like I have in step 1. I will tell you the rest.

4 Likes

Here’s a layout of the two batteries, haven’t made the harness yet and the BMS

2 Likes

Big update! I successfully soldered my VESC

3 Likes

Looks good to me, but i dont know shit…

1 Like

Can you make a close up of the battery connection you soldered? From afar it looks like the solder hasn’t flown properly.

3 Likes

I couldn’t find a heat gun to shrink the heat shrink so that’s why it’s left open. And yea I gotta smooth the joint out more before I close it up

Make sure you reflow the whole joint instead of just heating up the top layer

8 Likes