unnamed build / 4wd / fs6374 / 12s 10p p42a / custom mounts / spintend /trampa deck / ---tank

figured i would start this thread now i have some parts, hopefully this build should have stupid power and around a 50mile range (ikd rough estimate). the board will be used for the trip two and from collage and some offroading at the local forest on the weekends

deck/board

not much to say, its a trampa… how ever it did come with the magura brakes and break trucks so if some one is in need of brakes i am willing to trade for normal trucks and some £££ or sell out right

motors and charger

got both from @Anubis
170kv fs bh motors
also got a 50.4v 8a charger

battery/bms

due to delays with the printer araving i am still stuck with no cell holders and may go the silicone route

in the mean time i have build a 12s 3p pack for a friend that is building a scooter

i build this pack the weekend just past. this was my first spot welded pack, you will have to excuse the interestingly cut nickel it was 25mm and i had to cut it in half then in to lengths and then round it all off, i promise the 12s 10p pack will be looking sexyy hopefully

the bms is llt from @ApexBoards just picked it up today looking awesome will install on the scooter tonight and the 12s 10p later when built

update-2

so ive worked on the most up-to-date battery holder to be 3d printed, i used the script by @ducktaperules and its got tracks along the top to hold the 30mm nickel and stop any unwanted shorts

@ducktaperules this scrip is amazingly helpful, awesome work

mounts

ehh, so… i have designed custom mounts inspired by idea mbt mounts however should protect the motors more and since i have motors on the front i will take all the protection i can get. i had someone close to me that was willing to help cnc them for a cheap price but they have recently ghosted me and i cant get hold of them so i am back to square one. at this point i have been quoted over 700£ an thats wayyyy out of my budget so i am seriously considering buying a used workbee or something similar just so i can cut these out and maybe cut some other stuff for people for a good price to recoup some cost. edit- i now have a cnc wooo, so will be cutting some out this weekend!
anyone know of someone one or a company that has a cnc and could cut me 4 mounts and some supports out i can pay for aluminium cost and tooling aswell as time (providing time isn’t stupid expensive) will attach some photos so you can see what i am doing, its 10mm and 4-5mm aluminum.

yes they are verry similar to idea, but that a complement because they look so dam goood and just need some more protection

vesc/ spintend

Ubox, cant say much or speak for there longevity i have 2 now will update later when i have some miles on them but no bad signs yet, power on fine and have tested with an old motor just for calibration

will keep updating later need to go do something. thanks again @Lee_Wright and @Anubis

6 Likes

saved, but also feel free to suggest names and i will make a pole to decide what i call it

1 Like

Those welds look really good! :+1:

2 Likes

12s10p. 42Ah that’s some serious range ᵃⁿᵈ ʷᵉᶦᵍʰᵗ !

3 Likes

Huge range is the futttuure. Nothing like being able to cruise 20 miles one direction. Your options just explode on what you can do with your Board

3 Likes

yea about that,… this board may weigh quite alot, but on the plus side it will have a 1.8kw battery

I feel ya, my old board had about a 6mile range on a good day so this should be a nice upgrade its only 8x the range…

2 Likes

update #2

the battery is coming along nicely and i now have all the cells glued/ drying. and im now working out how to add the fish paper in-between the cells while still in an offset stacked config, i have a 3d printed jig I’m testing now that is compressing the paper to fit perfectly around the cells.

(i will clean the ends before adding nickel just haven’t gotten around to it yet)

i also now have mounts!! i will attach some photos bellow i am still finalising the designee and running testes but i like where they are now and should have a finished set in the next week.

I’m super happy with how these came out for one of the first attempts on the cnc

the only thing left to do is sort out a box for the battery’s, i am thinking cnc pom but its quite cost prohibitive so i am looking in to alternatives along the lines of 3d printed wall and cnc top/ bottom if i can get someone with a big enough printer to print it for me.

3 Likes

Maybe lasercutting top/bottom and printing the walls is nice too!

1 Like

Yep also an option but as I now have a cnc that makes most sense. Just got to figure the printing part

1 Like

Maybe of you find some exotic hardwood you can cnc that!

1 Like

so battery’s are all fish papered up and I’m about to silicone the pack together for final assembly, its ummm, big to say the least

4 Likes

lil battery update its done!!!, kind of the bms is “all” wired up as far as the 13 cables go but I haven’t don’t the charging harness yet.

5 Likes

That’s a gorgeous battery.

Thank you :grinning:, its my first/ seccond real battery so im super happy with how it turned out

1 Like