Universal pulleys?!

I stumbled upon something quite amazing today while surfing the interwebz. Universal pulleys that fit both kegel and abec core without even being modular, they are currently only for boosted board and are hella expensive :money_with_wings:

Has something like this ever been tried/done by the community? Because on my end I’ve never seen a design like this here or on the builders forum.

Would be amazing to see pulleys like this being offered!

2 Likes

63T ? those look way too small for 63T
probably 36T

even then. at 225 a pop thats just ridiculous

1 Like

Yeah the price is ridiculous! But you know they market towards the boosted crowd so…

And they are 63t… HTD3m :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

so basically useless then for us ha.

Im very much in the camp of universal compromise over niche performance and incremental returns

1 Like

I bet a pulley like this for HTD5m in 15mm width would sell like hot cake

2 Likes

You could almost get some @moon 4GD for that price

4 Likes

3m, smaller diameter

2 Likes

@b264

Where is the universal pattern you were talking about at one point?

1 Like

This is neat

Wasn’t @haggyboard.timo or @avX working on a pulley like this too?

That is correct. We call it the hybrid adapter that works with both abec and Kegel core wheels

10 Likes

Awsome!

It’s not quite the same. This is one piece. Nothing needed to remove for it work with both wheels?

It is one piece. The black screws add support

3 Likes

Ah cool

Nice

Is this still in development?

Nope…all available an tested. This hybrid adapter works with the @avX mk2 gear drive. All components in stock

2 Likes

While you’re here, any chance you’ll make an ABEC pulley clone fit? iWonder has moved to a clone fit core, so there might be opportunity there.

2 Likes

Iwonder isn’t a company I would follow on much.

I do love haggy pulleys though.

3 Likes

Yes we are on that. Just waiting for the new version of them to be sent to us and we will adapt the hybrid pulley accordingly

4 Likes