Unity stopped working

So. Went for a skate- was late two nights ago- fired it up again and got connection on the remote- but wheels aren’t moving… at all. Not even twitching. - I don’t know what happened but my pack must have slipped a bit as the sensor wires for one motor were almost all completely ripped off- I did come off of a curb I wasn’t anticipating (landed it!)- board was able to skate home no problem. But now motors don’t move. Am considering going back into the unity app and making them non sensored and trying that when I can use my gf’s computer. Any other thoughts? Board was able to be ridden all the way home w no issues. Battery reads 48v

1 Like

Rerun your motor calibration and see if it fixes it first.

1 Like

What firmware are you running on it? Is the remote setup using uart?

The firmware is 23.46

I think I’m getting closer but don’t know what to do next- I was able to run motor detection with the sensor wires removed

The remote is correctly paired and i was running ppm on the Enertion nano-x- however, when I accel or decel under the calibrate section it doesn’t respond at alll… any thoughts what I should do next? The wiring looks appropriate otherwise. Thanks all.

Do you have another remote to try? The nano X isn’t exactly known to be reliable…

1 Like

Need to figure out if it’s between remote and receiver or receiver and ESC.
Or if it’s inside the ESC.
Easy enough to eliminate remote-receiver issues if the receiver has a pairing indicator. To eliminate one of the others you’ll need to test the receiver on different hardware or use an oscilloscope on the signal line of the PWM connection.

I have the flipsky vx1 remote which I’d love to set up- can I just move the ppm connectors from the current setup to the vx1 receiver? Do i need to solder they last wire which provides info on battery life on the board? Would rather not deal w that one currently as i troubleshoot

The vx1 has a PWM output so yes, it should be a drop in replacement…
You don’t need to connect the battery info lead yet if you don’t want to.

1 Like

I would just use it to troubleshoot the unity. The fact that you are getting no response on PPM calibration means highly likely something funky happened to the remote or receiver, PPM input failing on the unity is a rare one so far…

1 Like

I can’t even get the flipsky remote to pair. Man… this sucks- I do think that the connection between the receiver and the unity is ok as when I turn it on, the lights act appropriately on the remote and the receiver, leading me to think that it’s connected well. I’m just at a loss… have been having so much fun w this and now hitting this snag :frowning:

I agree with this, especially since the enertion remotes are known for connection issues.

Guys! I fixed it. Stupid me had the ppm wires for flipsky connected backwards… which means my board was probably relatively ok all along and the enertion remote screwed me!! Oh well, now I’ll
Be running sensorless- thanks all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s not surprising. Glad you got it figured out!

3 Likes