Unity serial data stream?

Here it is installed

This is the compendium display - when RPM is zero.

The button at the base is the headlight button

I changed the under-way display around a little bit - it cycles through 2 different display modes,

this is battery by percent and DTE, which right now is just 20 minus odometer - I need to do the discharge slope math and make the DTE more accurate.

This is battery by volt, and trip odometer.

If I had it to do all over again there are a couple of changes I’d make. This particular assembly was designed for a different project so I had to use it as is. If I were to spin a new circuit board I would

move the connector to the center so I could make the whole assembly lower profile. (currently the connector is directly over the extruded rail)

Power the assembly independent of the FocBox. The problem is when I power it down I don’t have any control over what is displayed. It would be nice to have some sort of outro display similar to the intro display. I might even have to power it independent of the battery bank - like a couple of supercaps so it has just enough juice to close out gracefully.

With the old board I had an LED voltage display - I could see at a quick glance whether it was powered up or not. This display is static when powered down, so I don’t really know unless I look closely whether the board is powered up. So an indicator LED or something would be good. Not that this is a big deal since the loop key is right there.

Next up, road test!

4 Likes

Nice! You have done a good job on it.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Since VESCs have big caps as well, they shut down relatively slowly. On the DAVEGA, you can actually see the voltage going down as the VESC powers off. You could run your outro when you detect a sudden drop in the voltage. I’m not sure if you would have the 2.4 secs that it takes to refresh the display. Probably not. If you add some caps of you own though that should work.

1 Like