Uncommon but essential gear/tools

I have some weird tools that I frequently used that are not common in an esk8 toolbox. I thought I’d share some and get you folks to do the same.

Here’s the 1st item…

This thing is awesome, will fill a tire in 1.5 seconds.

14 Likes

Those things are awesome!! I have one similar strapped to my mountain bike for trail fixes!!

You wouldn’t be able to use that on a 5x2 rightttt??

1 Like

I just used it on a 6x2 6 shooter as a test. You definitely don’t wanna hold the trigger too long.

2 Likes

Just switched to pneumatics recently how concerned should I be about popping a tire (on kit from torqueboards)? Does everyone just carry a spare or slime/refill kit?

Can’t say I use anything non standard tools wise really, Dremel, drill, 3d printer, tape, epoxy, paint all the regular stuff.

I normally use this…

1 Like

Hemostats and a pinball. Can’t tell you how many times those are exactly what I needed…

4 Likes

I’m gonna need to you to show your work on that :grin:

1 Like

Yah hemostat I could understand not sure what you mean by pinball though?

3 Likes

I popped a tire on my first pneumatic rides, after that slimed them and never had another flat, so I would say its a must

2 Likes

Is there a downside to sliming?
Less squish in the tire? Less balanced roll?

1 Like

I didn’t feel anything, I though that it would vibrate in slow speeds until the slime was spread out, but nothing happened

1 Like

only downside, except for overfilling and an out of balance sludge rolling in your tires is, no inner-tube patch will ever stick… evAr!

1 Like

When you need to hold a round hole while you hammer stuff, it’s always the right size :wink:

2 Likes

Solvents.

12 Likes

Surrrreeee “Solvents”

6 Likes

There was one time where i had a dangerous solvent and a drink beside each other.

Guess which one i took a sip from when working on stuff

7 Likes

I can’t imagine drinking anything that ranks near MEK or other solvents :face_vomiting:

I couldn’t even stand near the table where we were using them on a school project :sweat_smile:

How did you clean your mouth out lol? Mouthwash back to back to back?

1 Like

Pretty much, then downed a couple pepto bismol and quickly skated to the nearest clinic.

4 Likes

I drank white spirits by accident and nearly died

5 Likes

Better luck next time :joy: :smiling_imp:

2 Likes