[UK] Can someone 3D print something for me please?

Hi everyone!

Subject is kinda obvious. Can someone 3D print something for me pleaseeeeeeeeee? I’ll love you forever (and will obviously pay for the service).

I need some XT90 caps to protect my charging port. Something like this but maybe the end is a little bigger?

I have this panel mount with the XT90S male bit inside. It’s my charging solution so I need to put a cap in place to stop things going in.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Threaded-Housing-XT90-S-Connector-Female/dp/B07T2V4Q2H/

Thankssss
Dan

2 Likes

You might also be able to make a cap by using the corresponding male XT90 connector and epoxying over the metal contacts.

1 Like

Male or female, I never know. It’s the bit with the green L on it :duck:

1 Like

I thought about this but due to where it’s going it needs to be smooth. My foot will be touching it all the time otherwise :frowning:

1 Like

Male has prongs, female has holes :ok_hand:

The green L is the female end

1 Like

Just epoxy it to the bottom of your shoe then.

LoL :crazy_face: jk

1 Like

I can print this in PLA if you want. Just the 1?

4 Likes

If I could get a few then that would be great! I’ll drop you a message :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe these suit your need?

2 Likes

Yeah I checked those but they’re out of stock everywhere.

@Anubis is being an absolute hero and printing me some as we speak :smiley:

1 Like

I could have sent you some :upside_down_face:

They’re perm out of stock too :frowning: I’ve seen them on backorder since like January.

If you have spares though and you’re in the UK @danorman they’ll probably be better. I finished printing them, but they’re extremely tight fitting (They can be taken off but you’d be putting on the joints every time)

2 Likes

@Anubis aughh that’s a shame! Not to worry, thanks for trying!

@rusins if you’ve got some spare then I’d happily take some off your hands! How many spares do you have?

Like @b264 suggested, I took a connector, cut off the protruding metal and covered it with sugru. That stuff is awesome. Could probably even make the entire cap with it. Shit is dirty until it dries though

2 Likes

I’ll check when I get home; I think I have 2 left.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot and see what it looks like. I don’t want anything too exposed tho!

If you could, that would be grand. Cheers bro!

1 Like

I’m only suggesting so you have something while you wait :grin:

2 Likes