Trampa w/MBS trucks.

Hi folks. Here goes my 2nd build. Finally all the parts have arrived. The deck and pcb massive box etc got delivered 2 hrs before I needed to go to work. Typically taunting. So I decided to just throw the trucks on and see how she feels and damn, first thought, these Trampa Fatboi 73/10 decks have some super good flex. Have the next 2 days off so I can finally get hooked into it after waiting by the postbox poised to ambush the mailman for a little over a month during covid lockdown. Just so happens lockdown lifted same time all my parts arrive, and I could go back to work since last week, so not much time for the hobby :joy:

Anyway the plan is…
Trampa 16ply 73/10
Mbs trucks/hubs/ motor mounts
140kv Flipsky BH 6374 motors
Trampa 21700 pcb BMS kit w/ p42a molicel
Focbox.
And fingers crossed it’ll work, a VX2 remote.

Can’t wait to get it going on the trails. !

DSC_0086|690x388

10 Likes

I’ve been dreaming up a very similar build - looks like a ton of fun!

What’s the full suspension lurking in the corner?

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve been pondering this one for a while now. Was looking at the Flux deck and enclosure originally but then decided I wanted a fully capable offroad board.

That’s my Ecomobl M24 collecting dust :joy:

1 Like

What do you think of the trampa wings?

A bit of a change regarding wire routing, look a little funky, but could be useful.
@rich has a good amount of experience on the leading mtb platforms. I wonder if the wider edge would help turning radius.

1 Like

I have no idea why this would help. Also I have no idea why almost all except me like wide decks :man_shrugging:

Maybe I’m not normal but the wider the deck the less I can steer. I’m talking about tight turns or u-turns not normal steering. I like wide decks for jumping but not for riding because tight turns are a must for me.

I saw the video where Trampa explained why the wings are so great. IMO it would be better to add a bit concave to the deck which would make the deck much better (less twisting and flex) instead of selling wings which have zero impact on the behaviour of the deck, just my 2 cents.

4 Likes

do you plan on keeping the road tires on? or get knobbies?

I added wings to my MBS comp 95 build and I liked it better with them.
but I never fully embraced the bindings. only have foot binding and use them loose…

so the wings really helped me with turning in general.

1 Like

I think they are great seeing as I didn’t order a wings deck. But the order invoice said it, so I don’t question it. :sweat_smile: I lucked out on them sending me the 30cm 12awg wires for the motor extensions and the power switch. But have one that came with my Focbox and can go pick some wire up from the hardware store. Win some lose some. I’ll live :joy: :+1: personally I like the concave style of the wings from my first impression. Always had concave decks.

I’m not necessarily a fan of wide decks except my snowboard because I have large feet. Although this was all they had in stock so it was that or wait. Although I think the length is what I wanted though seeing as I’m a tall lanky mofo. I agree with you on the steering factors though. :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve got a set of knobbies, just haven’t gotten around to putting them on yet. Will take it for a few road tests with these on first just to get the feel before taking it into the wild. I’m also on the fence with bindings. I didn’t get the heel straps. Not that keen yet. Just sticking with a loose footing inside the half binding and go from there. Hoping to work my way to the heel straps one day though. :crossed_fingers:

i have had some on the shelf for a year and a half…
maybe this summer i will slap them on…

1 Like

So between family and work sapping my time and energy the last 2 weeks, I managed to make progress enough up to the motor detection part. Battery was interesting to slap together. Got my neighbor to help me cut a piece of metal for a heatsink of sorts that would help cover the open hole meant for the Trampa Vesc. All that’s left is mounting the box walls, trying to pair the vx2 remote, slap grip tape on and mount the bindings and motor pulleys and belts when I get home from work. Hopefully get a chance to take it for a test spin over the weekend. Bday tomorrow, so the forecast is work followed by a high chance of shitfacedness, then a day off, but a shitty hungover day off. If the head clouds clear early enough, I’ll get it out. :crossed_fingers::sweat_smile::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Very different battery build than the typical. I wonder how it’ll manage the shock of launching off curbs.

1 Like

It feels really solid. Everything buckled down, tight fitted. Think it should be fine. I’ve also padded underneath the box a little where it could contact with the wings, and the box has the bushings. Look forward to smashing some trails. :grin:

2 Likes

Vesc that m24 for science, I would do it but sold mine do to gears dying.

If you take care of the motors that boards is pretty indes and will plow through anything. U can mow the lawn with it lol.

Also switched to a mbs/ binding setup so I don’t blame u for getting tired of the very not eco mobil

1 Like

Yeah the M24 does plough through everything I threw at it. I had trampa bindings on it. Was a beast but not really my thing. I sold it last week. I had contemplated putting couple Vesc in it but never got the time.

So this year I built my own b’day present. Finally finished. Hello Beasty :smirk: He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man… :metal::smiling_imp:

Trampa 73/10 wings deck and bindings.
21700 massive box 12s7p p42a
Unity w/ Vx2pro remote
Mbs Matrix2 trucks with mounts.
Flipsky BH 6374 140kv motors
18/68t gearing.
200mm roadies and 200mm knobbies on rockstar 2 hubs.
Handpainted name plus a bunch of stickers and shit.

Too bad it is shite Norwegian weather outside today… :man_facepalming:t2::sweat_smile:

4 Likes