Trampa VESC 6 MKIV, looking for feedback

canbus cable between the two of them

2 Likes

you don’t want dual trampa esc operating independently, better to have them paired and good idea to also enable traction support.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t suggest that without knowing details of the build. It’s not always a good idea to enable traction control.

1 Like

He said trampa, so I was replying to that specific esc, but point taken.

Why would traction control be bad, what are some of the problems you’ve come across?

Dr. e skateboard fell down because he didn’t have traction control enabled when he went over gravel on the road, hit his head, blacked-out woke up in the hospital with a broken collar bone and bruises on his face. He believes having traction control might have prevented that.

Mentions it at 6:18 in the video.

It doesn’t matter if it’s a trampa vesc or any other vesc based esc, traction control does work the same.
Traction control does work as well during braking. If during braking one wheel will lose contact to the ground and get stopped, all wheels will stop or lets say the braking force will be stronger then you would expect. That can make you crash as well, especially if you run a quad with traction control enabled.

3 Likes

This is good to know, I’ll be more alert with my stopping since I got traction control on. On a quad is it possible to disable the front motors from acting as breaking?

Yes; set the “motor min” or “Motor Current Max Brake” to zero amperes on each of those motors.

1 Like