Torqueboard 6380

Haha I can’t do single drives, I got the small board and its okay but I loose traction every turn

For this I am thinking Berg rims with the 160x55 tires, BN 220 trucks and idler mounts but with the axles cut and re tapped to be 35mm instead of 50mm, dual 6380 in 190kv because apparently nobody likes torque anymore, and 13T to a custom 72T printed pulley

But to be fair I’ve completely changed those parts about 7 times in 4 days so I can’t say for sure

1 Like

Awd? Mucho torquezzzzz …
:racing_car::dash:
:penguin:

1 Like

Haha I think an AWD board would have enough kick to dislocate my ankles

4 Likes

AWD TB6380 builder be like

“I pulled the trigger, but now I’m just standing on the street, and the board is 5km away with my shoes on top of it”

9 Likes

Haven’t people successfully run 4x 80100s?

3 Likes
2 Likes

@torqueboards are the 6380 shipping yet?

Yes, they have started. Orders should be picked up tomorrow.

5 Likes

Ive got a hunch my 170kv’s are really 180’s since I did 37mph 3/4 of the throttle with a gearing that should only allow 37mph top speed.

2 Likes

Most esk8 motors have a 10% tolerance on the Kv.

Recently I measured a 110Kv motor at like 120.5Kv

4 Likes

Same experience here

Pls correct me if I’m wrong BUT

isn’t it possible to reach top speed using A quarter of throttle? I mean. 100% throttle will only allow you to reach top speed faster and more aggressively

6 Likes

Yes; throttle controls power, not speed, in most setups.

You can configure it to control speed, but most likely you will quickly change it back.

5 Likes

That’s what I thought
@DEEIF there ya go boo

Edit
Thank you Brian

1 Like

And actually I think it controls current specifically, I’d have to look at the implementation.

But the fact that you can roll down a hill at zero throttle and reach top speed I think is self-explanatory that they are not connected together directly.

4 Likes

Throttle control torque, not power, if the required torque is just a fraction of the capable torque you can reach top speed with just a fraction of throttle position

3 Likes

Thanks @b264 and @CiscoV

1 Like

Eh, my board still goes faster than the calcs predicted. Guess the drivetrain efficiency is higher than the default 90%. Higher efficiency than I would have guessed for a belt drive system.

2 Likes

@torqueboards

What’s the difference between the new 6380 190 kV and the 6374 190 kV???

2 Likes

Weight
Length
Power output
Energy consumption

5 Likes