Took the spud muddin

So today, I decided to put the unity and chi board battery @SeanHacker sold me to the test. Im using my dickyho airless kit with a spud and gbombs.

The battery is a 10s4p 25r and I set the settings to 60amps total for the battery. It was only a 8 mile round trip ride but mile 4 is pretty much all uphill and steep!
I noticed some voltage sag going up the hill but the unity never faltered once. Once I reached the top of the hill, my battery was at 54%. When i reached the bottom, it had chargedback up to 62%.

After 8 miles of muddin, I lost my hillume tail light from the vibrations and the head light no longer works either…Unfortunately the lights just dont hold up. The helmet light is a different story.

The battery still has 42%charge left but the sag makes it limited. I think this pack could easily do 10-12 miles off-road and I weigh 215lbs! A few pics down below. Unfortunately the unity does not have my metr only Xmatic.
The fourth picture is actually Mexico

17 Likes

Hell yeah man, looks like a nice ride. Sucks about your light, I have mine on my mtb and it’s been working great so far so hopefully just a bad batch. Gonna bother trying another or something different?

Im in love with the tel tail lights although the led strip wires got desoldered. I dont really use the spud at night too often. Its a solid little AT tank.

To be faaaaiiiirrrr… I bought the lights from @KaramQ second hand.

6 Likes

They’re working with your unity?

Which version did you get, the self powered or externally powered?

1 Like

Tel tail using on focboxes on my evo. Hilume externally powered. Im also getting v2 of teltail lights

2 Likes

Ah I got the version that needs a buck converter and there were some issues with the unity antispark being setup differently than other escs. I still haven’t gotten to try mine out yet :sob:

Edit: I should mention that Matt has been diligently working on a fix and it’s completed, pending testing and assembly.

4 Likes

Hooray, you finally changed your profile picture to Bobby from KOTH. :partying_face:

3 Likes

Nice dude. I was wondering if that battery blew up or not yet. :wink:

Looks like a fun little build!

I was averaging 14-19 miles on that thing with hills and dumb shit around the city here. I only weigh 160-170lb or so tho. Looks like you’re doing good so far.

1 Like

where do i got those truck-to-deck mounting brackets?

@sesat

2 Likes

whered you get the aluminum baseplate extender brackets?

1 Like

See above

1 Like

Ill be selling some straight plates tonight.

3 Likes

Oooo those look nice

1 Like

They are gbomb brackets. Gor them second hand from @RedBaron

2 Likes

@Bobby my illume v2 headlight just stopped working too…:triumph: taillight still going strong. Looks fun dude!

The light popped off mid ride from the rough terrain. Never found it on the way back. I think some wires may have gotten desoldered inside the light from the vibrations… just a guess.

1 Like

I think the battery is a dud in mine, works while plugged in. I’m gonna try putting a new battery in it, maybe I’ll get lucky and just have to resolder the connections like you guessed might have happened to yours.

What trucks did you put on those Gbombs?

Those were the dicky ho trucks

1 Like