Ostriches: Will you fuck it or will it fuck you? Stay tuned to find out

I agree and did in the thread too. You also cant go back in time and pop his wheels but without any accountability at all there will likely be no change?

3 Likes

Its popping off in here. Karl’s two index fingers must be chafed to hell :joy:

This thread is the lords work

4 Likes

My understanding was we were just questioning accountability.
Bsesk8 ran the event. What will they do as leaders to show participants that guidelines need to be followed.
No attacking. No hate. Just addressing a situation.

1 Like

Be assured, there is no Giants hat big enough for Kellen’s head. :wink:

Team, only judgment can divide this community.

How we entreat with one another is up to us, as individuals. Post it out loud or do it in PM, coach or criticize, that’s up to us as individuals.

I’m hardly perfect, yet I stand behind my record of supporting this community. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

except being told to “wear a helmet”.

I am of the camp that thinks that people are allowed to be told to wear a helmet- to “require” other riders to wear a helmet.

but I am an accepting individual, and if someone else does not want to require another person to wear a helmet, then I am accepting of that. If that person who is accepting of the right to choose to not wear a helmet accepts the fact that another adult accepts the fact that they themselves are not wearing a helmet and they are okay with it, i’ll accept that and be okay with it as well.

Bottom line, I am a very hard line individual when it comes to being accepting of other people wearing safety gear. I draw a very clear line in the sand if you will.

/s because if it wasn’t clear my line in the sand is very blurry, see 3rd paragraph.

1 Like

This is how I see it.

This all started in Lazzy’s thread where he was selling his armored hoodies. If it had been a quality complaint or a suggestions that something unscrupulous was going on , then OK. But…it wasn’t. It was about price. I’m the first to call somebody out if I think they are gouging, I’ve been harassed, needled, challenged to a fuckin dual FFS!. That is typically only on ideas though.

It was bad form and disrespectful to come into someones sale thread and point people to a cheaper option, even if you think its just as good. If it needs to be said, say it in another thread, there’s plenty of deals and wanted threads on here.

Do I think it was worth all this crying and bitching? No! It’s done and over. Bringing up past issues and making all look like the same thing is not cool, it’s 2 separate issues. The common denominator here is a person, not the product that we are talking about, which means they are not common.

So, in closing…

8 Likes

still… i need to see a pic of that hat to determine his punishment. I’ll let it slide if it’s dope but if its got stains on it, i’m sending @mmaner to his house with a clown tickler.

8 Likes

NY + SF is probably going to be the best places to ride as far as group rides go with the most people. We’re small as can be as a community no point in dwindling and segmenting because of different opinions. As we know, strong opinions can deter people away from the forum. But oh well. W/e thus is life.

@Kellag yeah, most def. Keep racing. Just make sure you WEAR A HELMET + Don’t Die. Make sure you ride TB :rofl:

8 Likes

Yo… FUCK the Giants. BANISH HIM TO REDDIT!!!

Joking aside, the delivery could have been better but I do love when people post alternatives. I think lazyrolling holds a special place in a lot of our hearts and people got a little upset saying their high quality hoodie is equal to a boxy jacket.

7 Likes

Which they seemed like they did. Sofu had actually done way more than I would of expected. That’s some dedication lol.

5 Likes

not gonna lie, I had to google that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

At least this deeply divided community can agree on one thing…fuck reddit

16 Likes

the material question is what can one do with “Giants” and “Hat” in Kellen’s title.

now this is community. thank you.

3 Likes

But the fresh memes…

3 Likes

Even motorcycle helmets aren’t required in all states… CUM ON :eggplant:

Sure everyone people should f’king wear helmets. If they don’t… your bad dude…

Like wtf… there’s a kitchen knife don’t cut your finger but hey… your hand, your finger, your brain.

You could only be “MOM” so much. People gonna do what they do.

Everytime I see a motorcycle without no helmet… I be like OMYGAWD… :sob::gun: sucks for them… hopefully nothing happens.

5 Likes

I’d like to add my 2 pennies to this discussion…

I agree, bad taste to post there. And we can agree- delivery could have been better.

But… not and shouldn’t be against the rules… He’s taking shit for it [ great… it’s self moderation :slight_smile: ]

BUT… Reading that thread, it’s great context for that particular thread and I don’t think it needed to be moved. Sure, as a sales thread, maybe it does deserve to be moved, but as a consumer I like the idea of reading a sales thread and weighing all the options in regards to that particular sale in one place. I bought a LR hoodie because I didn’t take the time to weigh all the options. I may have gone with a cheaper version, this is besides the point though I love my LR hoodie and at this point won’t be going back… but tldr context to the sale right there is valuable to me as a consumer.

6 Likes

In most states, it is legal to ride a motorcycle without a helmet as long as you’re at least 21 years old. Only 19 states in the U.S. have universal motorcycle helmet laws that require all riders to wear helmets, no matter their age.

4 Likes

+1 they’re not the same.

For stout warriors, the Amazon hoodie fits great (pads will not shift around).

Personally speaking, the fit of the L Amazon hoodie, on my 6’ 2" frame, is laughable at best.

@mmaner said it best - it went from product to person.

I’m only asking us all to please, keep in mind it’s just a personal opinion.

Wrong place, time, etc. is not for me to judge.

I do not judge my friends.

Would I have done it in PM?

Yes. I do not do group therapy. :wink:

2 Likes

Cycle of esk8 news forum threads:

1. Someone said something a little controversial.
  2. Get split into another topic.
  3. Ppl read it out of context.
  4. Ppl over reacting and keep bashing on said person
  5. Finally read the original thread and realized it wasn’t a big deal.

Take a chill pill guys.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

16 Likes

I really don’t think i’ll divert this discussion with this… but philosophically speaking should suicide be illegal? assisted suicide? imo, not wearing a helmet is almost like playing blackjack with an assisted suicide doctor… and imo I think that kind of thing should be legal…

back to the main discussion please. skip this.

2 Likes