TKP drive options

Only for my hangers. It would be easy for me to produce TKP ones of this style but the demand for SR TKP mounts is much less than caliber II

4 Likes

my experience is that for speed you can just slap whatever bushings you like into rkp’s, and they will feel stable - a nobrainer, atleast in combination with a split

with tkp its a whole differend story, after consulting with brad (riptide) i ended up with 3! differend duro’s in my setup to achieve a somewhat similar result, but the overall handling is now infinitely more rewarding

3 Likes

Oh man @Skunk my mistake here I am misrepresenting

1 Like

I threw some varying krank duros 90 road/93 board in mine and have been very happy.

2 Likes

you are using adjustable bases on an evo. Thats complicating things not the bushings imo

1 Like

I’ve been riding Caliber II RKP with good Riptide Krank bushings and eLofty TKP with the stock shitty bushings. On my EVO, I like eLofty better, even with the crap bushings. Less stable but much easier to carve with. The deck is also a big factor though. On my Tayto deck, I actually prefer RKP since the shorter deck as well as the higher center of gravity make the board less stable and with TKP it’s already too much on the unstable side whereas RKP is just about right. I still get slightly more maneuverability on Tayto with RKP trucks than on EVO with TKP trucks.

2 Likes

yea i was just about to add that to my writeup

but if you have any other board with a split its basicly the same thing, no?

i mean the only angular change was neutralizing the front which actually tames the setup

split angles decks arent very common and thrive on rkp setups

I know everyone and their nan has an evo but Im generalising

2 Likes

but a lot of people use angled risers, atleast i hope :joy:

1 Like

They do and Im not sure why

1 Like

aww cmon nothing bad about a little dewedge on a rear tkp :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I like them both. I might switch their wheels out one day just for the experience and credibility.

Tkp carves sharper which is really the only difference I’d say between them. I run them both on the same bushings.

Wfb barrel 93a roadside
Krank canon 93a boardside

Might be switched the other way around. I don’t remember, but on both builds the same.

They both really feel equally solid in this setup for me but because the tkp can carve sharper you might think it’s less stable, but honestly it isn’t for me. Well maybe just a little because I run them on at.

I prefer the tkp on the kart track again because it carves/turns sharper, and also for group rides where I know their will be less smooth terrain.

I prefer the rkp on nice smooth even roads and because it’s slightly faster as well.

Even though I have preferences I still like to switch it up because I can.

I also recently upgraded the street version to 13s but also went with smaller wheels so top speed compared to 97mm on 12s vs 90mm wheels on 13s is still the same. Which is about 53kph / 33mph.

As you can tell I like either build for different reasons.

Next build is in the making for emtb.

3 Likes

You might want to consider mine? I’m selling this set😊

Ow this was last year thread :grin: thought this month.

2 Likes

Beautiful! How much is it and how can we purchase it?

Just throwing out there I have TKP gear drives :pleading_face:

6 Likes

But do you have tkp trucks too? :laughing:

1 Like

Uhhhh no :cry::sob:

2 Likes

@janpom

1 Like

All set is 250$ + ship

Only for urethane? Or do you have other options for pneumatic hubs?