TIE/ad x1 evolution | Backpack MTB | Development Platform

you can do a compact version with some 1.5mm solid copper wire from like house instalation. just bend it in a U-shape and solder it to the terminals.
I usually cut a piece of solid copper than turn one of the terminals inward facing and just solder that piece of copper as bridge.

4 Likes

is this a bajaboard g3 battery? its almost identical to mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes it is, I have 4 of them.

1 Like

I’ve always planned a 10s1p (I have a couple spare cells) on a longboard, cells are a pain but they fit at an odd angles in some double stack encs.

Really interested to see how you get on !

1 Like

I almost have everything I need to make it functional. Ordered all the cabling and 5s JST-XH leads about half an hour ago.

I think you’ll be surprised at what I come up with. FYI 9s LiFePO4 is equal to 8s LiPo, I decided to go 10s because slightly higher voltage and my ESCs can handle it.

If all the cells check out, I actually have enough to build 3x 10s1p packs.

Also, the mock-up is done and it fits in my enclosure.

1 Like

This is exactly what I do, put a ton of flux on it and the connector, heat it up real good, and dump solder into it until it won’t take anymore. Haven’t had one pop out yet

Then I tie a piece of grey/black shoelace to it and call it a day, works well.

1 Like

Ordered some goodies from @NoWind as I’m in an upgrade cycle. So, soon I’ll have @Duffman spacers, 5 degree wedge, 5 degree de-wedge, and elastomere dampers. Can’t wait to get my hands on it!

2 Likes

Niiice! I’m sure you will like the elastomer damper :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Made by the masters, so I have high expectations! :wink:

1 Like

That moment you confirm the power cuts weren’t due to a stuffed battery, but a bad solder joint on a loop key, and that you’ve spent north of $400 USD on replacement batteries for what?

Compounded by the fact that you’ve decided to go a different chemistry in the meantime and have spent money on that too. Could have been worse, but I’d rather have spent it on mechanical brakes.

1 Like

There was an attempted delivery at my house today, but neither my wife or I were at home. Rescheduled for Thursday when I WFH. This would’ve been the Hobbyking package that I’ve been waiting for.

Just did an efficiency calculation, with my commute I’m doing 20.5Wh/km or 33Wh/mi. That’s over a 6km or 3.7mi distance, same route, opposite directions.

1 Like

WFH has its benefits! Hobbyking delivery day! Yasss!

4 Likes

So my loopkey seems to be desoldering itself. Do I potentially not have enough solder on there?

Also, my package from @NoWind is on its way, I got the tracking number and it shipped the 27th!

So that’s a “yes” to my question?

Couple of things happened this week. I came off on Monday due to signal dropout and the failsafe on my Rx being “full throttle” even though I didn’t know about this setting.

Going downhill while braking (and thus with my weight to the back) in Melbourne CBD next to Southern Cross station, I lost signal due to interference from a 5G tower.

The board went full throttle a flicked out from under me. Long story short I adjusted the behaviour last night to neutral throttle when the signal drops.

Then this arrived at home today while I’m at work. To increase steering at the front, do I increase the steering angle closer to 90 degrees? The opposite to decrease steering at the back?

I have 2x -5 and 2x +5 wegdes in that package, along with the elastomere dampers.

1 Like

Fitted the dampers, didn’t have long enough hardware to fit the wedges, and ran out of time to fit the spacers.

3 Likes

That’s correct. Use one of the +5 wedges up front and one -5 in the rear to start. That may be enough.

1 Like