This is the only forum my school wifi doesn't have blocked ;)

I don’t even know how this one slipped through, .builders is blocked.
Must’ve thought this forum was educational and beneficial enough for students

13 Likes

It’s the .news :smile:

4 Likes

Does Pen Island still have all the answers to your tests?

2 Likes

too new to have been indexed - give it time…

1 Like

You ever heard of a VPN? If your school has .builders blocked, do they have all social medias blocked as well? And/or fortnite. I think my school blocked fortnite in 2018 by the end of the school year, not sure since I graduated last year.

2 Likes

they sell your data.

but so does every other addon like adblockers.

1 Like

I used proxies back in my day. Used to play, mechwarior and kal online at school.

2 Likes

not if you use a proper one that you pay for

1 Like

All my schools computers had teamViewer on them, so I simply installed it on my pc at home, took a picture of the id, and was able to connect to it from a school pc and have unblocked internet.

I used to do this for reddit and the LTT forum back in the day, and to get projects I forgot to print out.

4 Likes

Call tech support and let them have access to your teamviewer at school :wink:

How do you find proper one?

I think nord is a proper VPN, they are a good one and don’t keep logs, doubt they sell info since they don’t store really store any info.

1 Like

How can you be sure about that? That’s my problem and that’s why I don’t want to buy nord desipte ton of people recommended it to me, even my close friends.

One tip I got is to rent a server and set it up to act like a proxy. You need some tech skills for that, but it’s little bit safer I think.

1 Like
  1. ExpressVPN
  2. NordVPN
  3. IPVanish
  4. Hotspot Shield
1 Like

If you pay for one of these services you don’t need to worry about them selling your info it’s in their contract clause. If you don’t they most definitely will, which is the cost of using a free service aside from very low speeds

1 Like

Weird. This site is blocked at my work. I’d have turn WiFi off to access it but I’m able to access .builders using WiFi :thinking:

“NordVPN does not store connection logs, IP addresses, traffic logs, or any internet activity information.” not sure if trusted source, but source supposedly reviewed an audit done on Nord by a large firm which proved they didn’t. Safe as you will get on the internet, or get around blocks without being at risk. Cheap for a VPN, Nord is $100 = 3 years. I think VPNs also essentially protect you from your ISP spying on you/collecting data. In regards to protecting your data, any one of those VPNs is probably safer than your ISP/without VPN.

Your work may have a problem with a .news site so they blocked all .news domains and not .builders? Workplaces, schools, etc. are weird about blocking things, they block some things but may leave other things worse unblocked.

It is an option, but does require you to set up, etc. bit more complicated. It is probably just as safe as the 4 VPN services listed earlier since they don’t keep any info. Also may cost more.

1 Like

even though I do have a VPN, I’m one of those kids who usually stays on task so I’ve never really have to use it. I don’t play video games anymore either. If I have nothing to do or just want to procrastinate, I usually I go and talk to my friends.

I would chose one of the first two I listed. If you can’t decide here’s a good test