The RedComet | RE Northcamp | 21s6p | 2x MakerX D100 | 4x 6355 [RETIRED]

Should be able to lower the ride height on the Northcamp with that SS as well, have you done that?

1 Like

Using the DS enclosure with the Northcamp and 150mm wheels, how much can the trucks be lowered? Iā€™m thinking maybe 10mm. Has anyone tried it?

1 Like

Was going to try it yesterday but man is that nut cranked on, decided Iā€™ll try another day lol.

Edit** Then I watched a YT video of Moe(?) swapping out axles where he had the truck in a vice and put all his body weight into tightening that nut onā€¦ and hence why I said Iā€™ll try another day.

1 Like

lowering the trucks will reduce your turning as well.

Not necessarily a bad thing, but something worth being aware of

2 Likes

Iā€™ve always run my front trucks with the links connected to the the middle hole so I can still move it up one hole after dropping them down. Thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes

EDIT: videos does not go in properly. Will fix that a little later I have a patient knocking on my door now :slight_smile:

The DS was designed to be able to have the trucks lowered 10mm on 150mm wheels. But it is very close, and in full tilt you have to be careful in reality. Its been so long since I had the trucks lowered with the DS so canā€™t really remember it all in detail.

I ran a setup for a long time with the trucks lowered 10mm and with an enclosure a little thicker than the DS but way slimmer. That worked really good,. With the DS being wider full tilt can be an issue if street is not totally flat.

If you havnā€™t seen these I give some info on truck height and so in these videos.

In this one I talk the most about truck height and how it affects turning. Truck height specifically starts at 2:08. Wheels in the video were not 155mm but 145mm as it was a set of stretched metro wheels.

Not all decks we have made have been with the hole for lowering the truck. When Moe went from pre production to production version of the 3-link the truck hole pattern also changed so we were a little hesitant what to do, and some got a deck where the hole didnā€™t fit the truck they had.

But it is nice to hear that you are interested in lowering the truck. I had the idea that I was the only one that actually did it.

It really changes the turning feeling. I like it, but it does make the setup less nimble.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see the semendeed in this shot as well to see how it compares.

Looks like a killer build in the works dude :muscle:

1 Like

get up early,(or night ride,i have small suns to loan)come practice most of the loop is fresh paved.i love that board you are working on. ive never raced but there are tight steep turns, i want to race, but id get laughed off the track in my safety shit,you will see what i mean,i think i have 30 lbs of gear alone,crashing over 40 mph and years old sucks!!!

2 Likes

Thanks. Yeah definitely interested in lowering a bit however much I can get away with, even if itā€™s just 5 mm. The 3-Links are pretty nimble already, hopefully itā€™s not a drastic loss.

@glyphiks would love to get my hands on a Semendeed one day or run into someone who has it for that comparison.

@Sk8tedad just gotta tune out the haters and go out and have a good time. As Moe says we just need more esk8rs to turn out for these events.

5 Likes

Iā€™m curious about the steel enclosure. I need a new one, Iā€™m wondering if I can form my own. Perhaps I can use my existing enclosure, fill it wit wood and expoxy or something to press form itā€¦.hmmmmm to the garage!!!
Are you making your own?

1 Like

Mine already came with an enclosure so donā€™t need to make my own. Iā€™ve only ever done it once and it was a mix of 3D printing and fiberglass.

Your idea sounds very intriguing and reminds me of:

But I believe @jack.luis folded his.

having it folded together with a computerized metal brake and a talented machinist is how I got the seams to be small enough to weld

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to try to make positive and negative molds from my existing enclosure, then use a press to form it , it will be interesting

1 Like

There you go bro
Thats the wheelbase difference between the semondeed with savage tkps and demonseed 44 with Rosas an North camp with 3links
The standing platform lengths are all super similar the north camp mostly has a longer nose and tail more than anything

6 Likes

You have a mix of metro board tires and RS tires on the Northcamp right now? Iā€™m guessing itā€™s just placeholders for the time being?

1 Like

Still building out the battery for it so not set on a full parts list yet
I was initially going to run the RS tires for this build cause of availability but Iā€™m leaning back towards the metros atm cause theyve been my favorite
Test today is to see if theyā€™ll stretch onto the early newbee rims or not
If they do Iā€™ll be sticking with them if not I need new rims :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ooh let me know how it goes. Was thinking maybe I pick up metros and throw them on some Hubbas. That or Iā€™ll stick to airless and pickup some road BRPs

3 Likes

I did not have luck with stretching the tires out on the newbees.

1 Like

Iā€™m not full of high hopes as I know the newer ones definitely donā€™t

Scratch that they defs donā€™t

2 Likes

Theyā€™ll fit on the newbee v1 but not the newer v2.

Newbee v1 is same width as xcell rims and the metro tires stretch great on those.

V2 is super wide. Like 1cm - wider 64mm or something.

1 Like