The "I keep breaking shit" Corner - Workshop journal

Finally got round to starting a workshop thread, this is a place to show the shit I’ve broken, fixed, made and just general shite in my workshop

someone of you may have seen my scrub deck break, after that such event some very nice forum members came to my aid and so i now have

@ApexBoards @NullBlox
no picture do these decks justice, @NullBlox managed to mix the perfect shade of crimson (it’s darker in person and pops way more)

i have some special builds for these decks, the apex predator deck is gonna temperaly go on something worthy of the name APEX PREDATOR :crazy_face:

and the Nullbox deck is gonna have a nice themed build for it :slight_smile:

16 Likes

I will not be offended if you scratch the paint/stain. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i am in fear of damaging the beautiful colour

2 Likes

Changed sprockets and chain, after 8 months of heavy use

10 Likes

Ok so it is no secret that i have broken alot of different parts, i use my boards hard and in every condition and do near daily maintenance to keep em running good

i managed too torque this @Trampa urban mount in half, not from the screw being too tight, but acceleration torque. so @SabreDynamics @ApexBoards @NoWind if yall need stuff breaking i’m your man :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

hahahaha I’m not sure how much you were joking but that sounds genuinely useful to have a donkey around to kick stuff to its limits, especially if it’s with good maintenance

2 Likes

100% super useful. You should see the way this dude rides…

He’s an animal and pushes our stuff to the limit. (Beiran Martlew)

5 Likes

i recognize him but can’t remember his name

if it ain’t broken you aren’t riding it hard enough and if it is broken either your maintenance sucks or the part is weak, i like to make sure it’s not poor maintenance causing the issue

3 Likes

so she is very ugly, but is a temporary fix until i get some new gear drives in, it’s made from 12mm steel so if it’s breaking i have bigger issues on my hands.

6 Likes

Onto the third scrub truck adapter, first one was 3mm 316 stainless and ripped in half, second was 3mm 7075 aluminum also ripped but lasted about 1200miles. And the third is made from 3mm 316 stainless again but is a place holder until i get some new ones from @SabreDynamics

4 Likes

Finished the rebuild if my portass dreadnought lathe

12 Likes

Yeah dreadnought sounds about right with the chonk of that fucker

dreadnought tickles the warhammer nerd in me XD

Bent MUD MONSTERs motor mounts doing wheelies, stole the deck for my commuter and installed the @SabreDynamics adapters
apex stiff deck is wayyy too stiff for me rn, it should soften up a little in time and i’ll get use to it.

5 Likes

I FUCKED an @ApexBoards motor, customer service at apex is super good and they sent a new can from one of there dungeons.
The new can’s battle hardening is waaayy better then the old one.
The can was limp dicking it on the sator, magnets are all loose and sensors got twated by a rogue piece of battle hardening
Pics-

7 Likes

Hey man, glad we managed to get this sorted for you.

4 Likes

Any CNC alternative with 10mm axle to Evolve hangers, those want me dead sooner than later and I’d rather stay alive myself ?

(this is the kind of crash you can’t buckle up for it made me loose a bunch of confidence)

5 Likes

@Razillian has some trucks that may work for you

2 Likes

I remeber @ApexBoards saying sometihing along the lines of “if [insert dude] can’t break it no one can”
Well…
With enough time i will break it
I present a crispy af motor
Colapsed bearing and totaled can
:))))

5 Likes

@Yeahthatperson I thought this was going to be your build journal :rofl:

4 Likes