The Kraken aka disaster board 3000 [AU] 40" LY EVO, Eloft DD - AT wheels - Sony 12S4P

You unity owners are so spoiled, you will never know our pain.

2 Likes

I win…

Vesc repaired, psychotiller enclosure is here and perfect for the build. eboosted one would have been too tight for the extra electronics. Waiting on a antispark xt90s. Picked up some 12.9 grade mounting hardware. New inserts should be here this week.

did you get a chance to test those airless wheels yet?

Today fitting new psychotiller enclosure and test ride down to the beach.

1 Like

Before moving on to working on Krak today I am going to play with. My new makerx dual. test it out and try a 4 way can bus. This is for a future build…
Cant get over how tiny it is. See next to fs 4.2 plus.
The size of the phase and pwr cable are turning my ocd up to 11. I am fighting the urge to redo it in awg 8/10

1 Like

Relative to a flipshite 6.6 plus
Ignore the hasty cap repair its on my list today.

2 Likes

Remove all but 2 inserts 2 broke off so they are filed down and all holes filled with resin. New much better inserts hopefully come today.
New enclosure is huge I almost wish i had built a 12s5p. Heaps of space for added electronics.

1 Like

Plugged makerx 4.2 via can to my 6.6 plus I was able to detect and update both makerx firmwares via my metr pro plugged into 6.6 plus.

I also worked out in android having the metr pro app open stops the vesc tool from connecting…

There is a anoying rattle I am sure is coming from the trucks may not be. it’s my pet peev. There is so much extra space in the enclosure i might need to use some space filler foam. Today I am going to work out if it’s the trucks or maybe something else. Rest of the build as delayed as none of the inserts fron china or the super expensive set I ordered from sydney last week have shown up yet and dont want to use those horid zinc inserts. Cells for my next build will be here from queen next week. I wanted to be finished this one by now. Test build is scrapped i wont be doing 3 builds at once. Priority today clean my work area.

The Karen :joy:

Board is 95% done but due to a accident riding the beast work is delayed 6 weeks.

8 Likes

Heal up soon, man. I only just dodged this outcome a few months ago.

3 Likes

Thanks mate i got of lightly considering the speed, other locals not so lucky…

1 Like

As an epilogue to this build. Skateboard all my life and long boarding the last 7 years I haven broken any bones till now. I pushed myself out of my comfort zone 85Kva DD and an ampy pack and not wearing safety gear taught me a valuable lesson. I was lucky I didnt loose my job being right handed.
With the airless at wheels top speed is in the 60s. I have 4 more weeks of not being able to “officially ride” but when thats over I am getting serious about safety. Wrist guards FF helmet. My first thought was to dismantle this cursed deck. But I am the one to blame It will get a rename and a slight rebuild. But I am very fond of this lady.

I have been told this scar will get me a discount at hottopic

5 Likes

HI dude, could you describe what happened exactly and what caused your bad wipe out?

Well CB its not that exciting. It was a beach side ride my city has 20 miles of beautiful beaches and there is a bike path right next to most of them I was at mermaid beach gunning it through the park on the bike path 40km+ i have my new 6" airless tires on. done this ride a hundred times usually with thanes or evolve 7" AT I was over confident I saw a enderly couple ahead decided to go offroard not uncommon for me to give right of way and I am on AT wheels. Wrong!!! Passed them i lined up getting back on the path at a 4 way junction ahead one path runs onto beach one follow the beach parallel my route. I noticed there was some sand and a 1 inch step back onto the path, no sweet on real Pneumatics. They would just bounce over the lip and back on the way i go. But airless are not Pneumatics these babies have very little give. I decided more speed was needed it wasnt. The tires hit the sand pocket and instead of rolling up lip they dig down into the sand. Launching me head over nutsack onto path and tried to arest my fall with my right arm and head. I got up head ras ringing like fuck. My hand was limp i rode the 12km back to the car then drove left handed to hospital. Dual radial fracture at the wrist. 2 operations plates and screws later. I was wearing a helmet lost a lot of skin too. Not the most exciting crash.

4 Likes

damn dude! At first thank you for describing that nightmare.
Yeah sometimes it is just better to stop before passing someone or something, than riding ahead. Now you found out for yourself. Hopefully you are at best health soon and can continue building awesome boards, and first of all riding them. I asked you because i wanted to know if a technical problem was the cause or just a riding failure, now i know better.
A big problem on big wheels always is the mentality about them, which means everyone thinks bc the wheels are big in diameter, they will roll over everything safely, which is wrong! I watched so many accidents caused by this behavior, but this will not stop i think. I know you know about that, bc i read you have many years of skateboard experience.
The fatality about feeling save on a board is we are not and will never be.
Sad to hear about some kind of a bad crash again and i wish you all best to get back to health soon.
Ride safe, skate or die,
peace

1 Like

So very true thanes are the way to go they keep you grounded no pun intended. Yeah i will get crapped on on the next group ride for wearing wrist guards but i dont care. Just reading this is giving me ptsd.Stupidity and fair bit of canadian club was also at play that day. Thanks for your kind words. I am itching to go for a real skate. Been riding my short boards around the house. See scar photo turntable griptape.
Take care bro.

3 Likes

yeah itz like it is in daily road rage, always stupidity caused by stress or the need for adrenaline or just laziness to slow down and stop or just the smell of pussy sometimes hahahahahaha…
I try doing my best, enjoy the paradise you live in,
thank you bro.

1 Like