The Importance of Customer Service in Esk8

Yeah, I mentioned we would try too but we would have to test it before we can confirm it was okay.

5 Likes

dex, do your direct-drives have a thermistor?

2 Likes

They do.

2 Likes

and yet no thermal shut-down? weird

2 Likes

I wonder if Janux tested them.

4 Likes

Not sure but I didn’t like the performance on 160s.

2 Likes

i may have neglected to do anything with the temp sensor settings.

2 Likes

Was he making the hubs this way specially for the DD?

hard to say…

3 Likes

Hopefully there will be better suited version soon so those are not useless.

They’re not at all useless. They work very wel with 3D servisas kegel gear drives, and jake was running them with my fucking nylon insert pulleys lol

6 Likes

Feel like I’ve asked myself this question before.

4 Likes

It was also asked probably no less than a dozen times before the DD we’re available.
Dexter always said a lower kv version would be needed and he doesn’t recommend it.
Otherwise his pneumatics would already have an adapter

4 Likes

Well @longhairedboy you messed up dude…

Take whatever deal @torqueboards has given you in PM earlier.

1 Like

I just realized, Aren’t you working in advertising?
aren’t you supposed to oversell your customers…
To put it bluntly, lie?!

2 Likes

This is a common misconception from depictions of advertising people in movies and TV shows. If you’re any good at it, your job is to find the one or more things that make a client or product superior to the competition, and present that in a unique and memorable way.

A guy named Bud Robbins wrote a classic and true story about this search:

The adman as immoral huckster angle will still live on, but there’s an inherent falsehood to it. Because nothing exposes a lie faster than throwing money behind it. We say, “Advertising will kill a bad product much faster” because it almost always plays out that way.

IMHO, poor customer service will kill a product or client even faster. When people have a good experience as a customer, they tell a few friends. When people have a bad customer experience, they tell EVERYONE.

4 Likes

Unrelated to this particular discussion but it will save you a lot of grief in the future.
Forget all about direct drive and/or hubs as far as performance boards go.
Invest in builds with pneumatics with gear drives and Clever tyres (the ones used in 6 shooters) for anything 6".

2 Likes

I build 3 new boards because shipping was lost that cost me like 7000USD. But at least the customer was happy in the end and talked good about us. This year i will add option for the customer for insurance the shipping :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Really interesting case I would be interested to see some of your work.

You are right, unhappy customers will likely be more visible, everyone on this forum has heard about @Kellag’s charger last year or will do this year.

How the hell can they lose a 25 kg parcel? Let alone 3, there are 3 shipping company employees with crazy fast esk8 somewhere.

1 Like

Yes i know, and its all the same company DHL… UPS and Fedex never lost any
I ask them every time, how can you loose a 110x45x25cm big package with 18-25kg weight??
But they just say we have alot of packages, here you have standard payment when package lost (300usd…)

1 Like