The Definitive Guide to Metr App / Metr Pro

We haven’t tested that type of antenna. But 2.4 GHz = it might work. Do you have Metr Pro or Metr Pro UNITY? If it is UNITY version, changing it from PCB to antenna is almost impossible. Antenna connector is missing and capacitor that has to be changed is placed almost under the edge of the metal shield

2 Likes

It’s metr pro unity. I added myself a metr pro unity with antenna to US group by. (just now, if it’s still open) because that mod sounded hard.

1 Like

@rpasichnyk I’m having a really strange issue…
Dual focboxes connected via CAN.
I can connect the metr to either esc and it’ll give real time data. When I connect to esc 1 and try to read motor settings it’ll only show 1 esc, but i can read and change settings. If I move the metr to esc 2 it’l still give real time data. When I go to read motor settings both escs will show up, but it will not connect to either. Any ideas? It was working fine and then I tried to do motor detection and everything went wrong.

Incredible niche but anyway to support the sharing of modes via NFC? I have an idea of placing NFC Stickers on my boards that’ll allow me to change modes.

Could also be used to start and stop rides or cause on activation announcements (like if I tap where the NFC Sticker is on the board while charging it’ll give me battery status)

1 Like

Any chance of doing qr code stickers as well? They are cheap and easy.

1 Like

Confirming, can the unity app on android connect to the metr module? I assumed it did but I’ve only tried once and it didn’t work.

Yes it can. Make sure to force close Metr app as the module can only have 1 BLE connection at a time

1 Like

Awesome. He was asking for me. Do I even have to have the Metr app or can I just connect straight through the unity app?

Wouldn’t be bad to check with Metr app that everything works first. Metr Pro has to be paired as well, Metr app initiates pairing process.

1 Like

So pair with metr app, force close it, then pair unity with metr module and continue with unity app?

Yes but without “pair unity with metr module”

Ah ok.So I can use just use metr module as bluetooth receiver for unity app then?

Yes you can :slight_smile:

My metr pro unity has been flashing green and blue, which from what I’ve read, means that uart is not connected.

I’m going to dig through the forum a bit more, but would appreciate any input

1 Like

Does anyone have a link to where i can get the UART wire for the Metr?

2.54 JST 7pin, this should work https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32994253476.html

1 Like

Anyone know why my metr connect and disconnect all the time without showing the infos?

Try remove / forget it from System Settings -> Bluetooth -> go back to metr app and scan again, do the pairing

I’m having issues with my metr. Its connecting via Bluetooth but no data is being shown on my app. Stand alone metr pro connect to a unity

Enable UART (usually it is disabled on UNITY)