The Dark Wraith (1st Build)

After a couple of months hunting and developing parts, playing the waiting game with the courier companies and customising what I believe would be a decent DIY Build. A have the pleasure to introduce The Dark Wraith!

Specifications:

10S5P 15000mAh Battery
Maker-X Go-FOC DV6 Vesc
15.2" Trucks
6384 Motors
Landyachtz Eva Deck with customised enclosure
Eovan Super RF125mm Wheels

Total cost around AUD $2.8k

On test-drive the board has providing me with a what I call a sweet 50/50, 50km/h (tried only once! Too fast for me!!!) and 50km range (did not drain the full juice)

Very happy with the results considering this is my first ever build!

Thanks a lot for all those that helped me along the way!

Bring it on further builds!!!

6 Likes

That’s one awesome looking build! Looks very clean and well done. Congrats on your first build, looks great! One question, why did you choose the airless rubber wheels? They eat range like crazy and don’t really do much in return, why not go to cloudwheels or pneumatics depending which side of the spectrum you like?

1 Like

Can you post a pic underneath? The cable gland setup looks interesting

Nice job

2 Likes

I choose these wheels only for the fact it looks great. I will know with time if it was a good choice. Thanks for the tip anyway

No problem, just thought it was worth a mention. I’m a suckered for great looking builds as much as anyone and it does look amazing, black tb100s or if you can get tb110s they would in my opinion preserve the look of the all black and they would probably increase your range by like 25% or so

1 Like

I got those after a extended searching online. Found it on one electrical/electronic local supplier. It is a 45 degree connection for a electronic plug

4 Likes

Not really true, these are different than the RS wheels or the Onsra ones

They use more battery than regular urethane but they’re bigger and can roll over more stuff

1 Like

How so? Those holes unless they are fairly strong are likely to eat up range. Unless I’m missing something, also because it appears to be a very large wheel which as far as I’m aware get less range than your smaller ones

1 Like

It’s partly based on gearing ratio

I have these wheels. The holes do not go even close to all the way though, so the part you normally ride on is mostly solid

At the same time, the wheels are quite heavy, which increases required force for riding, so that doesn’t help. They’re about halfway between urethane and pneumatic wheels in terms of battery consumption.

On the comfort side, they’re closer to urethane

1 Like

That makes a bit more sense, it appears that they go through, but I wouldn’t know because I’ve never owned them so I trust you ha. They look good no doubt, I was just questioning why not go urethane or full pneumatic? I mean I guess if you want a rubber wheel with better grip but don’t want to sacrifice range then that could be the reason

2 Likes

Yeah this I think was my main conclusion

They are kind of pricey though. I’d go pneumatic if you can afford the range hit, but at the same time, these feel more like a longboard, whereas pneumatic is… different.

It’s very hard with these wheels. I’m doing an official review on them soon but it’s hard to make a solid conclusion :joy:

Anyways, @fsgoes super clean looking build, it’s gonna be a blast to ride.

1 Like

They look really cool, im not a pneumatic person myself so I can’t blame him for not going that route. I’ve never been a fan of the huge sidewalls on such skinny wheels. Some people make them look good like @Brently on his proto. They look awesome, so hats off to him.

2 Likes

And yes this dude made a really solid build, something unique and minimal which is refreshing to see, have fun!

2 Likes