THE CYBOARD | Stainless Steel Unibody | Ubox | Modular 16s6p TM3 | BN-AT|

Wow how was I not following this… Total sickness.

The MRI welder friend seems like a solid person to have around.

7 Likes

Thanks bro! None of this would have even been attempted if I didn’t have him

2 Likes

FINALLY wired up each battery module. They each have an xt90 and a 5 pin connector for balance.

Now I have to create a bms harness to go through the chasis as well as all the wiring for the series connection.

I’m really trying to get it rolling before NYE so I can be nominated for build of the year.

I also finished the series connection and BMS harness as well as the charge port.

16 Likes

No rush, they will be a best build competition next year too :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, either way this build is going to be done soon. Everything else left is mechanical ready to install so why not try. Just need someone to nominate me when I finish lol

1 Like

Dude. Been following this thread. Love this build! I hope you get er done, you’ll defo get my vote. Looking at the pics, I noticed the through holes or your wiring look a bit scary.

Might want to add grommets or some sort of wire protection there and all the other holes wires pass through.
Good luck! I know you can get this done. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Yup, absolutely not leaving it like this. I put all the wires in place so I know how long to cut them.

6 Likes

I’m not on enough to guarantee I’ll make the nomination, but I’m sure it’ll be on there. And I’ll vote ya for sure!

1 Like

Haha thanks man. I’m hoping to get it done tonight if I can.

2 Likes

Fuck this. Ordered new ones with holes already drilled.

BOTY2021 here I come!

10 Likes

If you had trouble drilling stainless, be glad you don’t also have to thread them :smile:

Drill press is a nice tool to have.

1 Like

It’s on its way.

Also I messed with the lights and insulated the floor

I placed most of the parts all together to feel how much it weights and…jesus fucking christ.

7 Likes

How heafty are we talking…40lbs?

feels like well over 50lbs :sweat_smile:

EDIT:

more pics to visualize the final result

!

14 Likes

Fuck that’s a chunky board… Will you be filling in the gap by the truck bracket?

Yes, somehow lol

I’d appreciate some input on how I should secure the lid. I really want to avoid any visible features on the external part of the lid. I have spare sheet metal and a way to cut and spot weld it.

Magnets and index pins

3 Likes

Nice, was thinking the same thing. I’m not confident in my ability to execute. Either way I have rare earth magnets on the way

Edit:

Challenge is: How do I align them precisely?

1 Like

I would weld some plates inside the body that you mount to, clamp the lid securely, then drill through the lid and plate. That way the holes line up and you can weld the pins to the holes in the lid and sand them flush. Epoxy the magnets to the body and lid, start by epoxying to the lid, then stick the other magnets to the lid side ones and put a pool of epoxy in the body so the second magnets are left behind at the perfect height and location

2 Likes