are you diode connecting these fets?
whats your schematic>

1 Like

giphy

4 Likes

going to use this one

Inrush%20Limiter%203

1 Like

Change r2 to be 100k and add a termination resistor.

what a 10k across the zenner?

Yes. These two posts shed some light on that. Ask in the loopkey thread if you want more info :slight_smile:

1 Like

or does design work better?
sorry this one
https://drive.wps.com/d/ABtXKk707MEc45aMvIqdFA
[File]Antispark Rev3 (1) - Copy.pdf

ummmmmmmm i dont have access to your pc :smiley:

5 Likes

From what I understand the inrush to charge the capsitors on the VESC is what blows the anti spark and if I rember right there was a post saying that was over 1kA. Could you not just double up the mosfets to make it more reliable? Put 3 more on the back or some thing? I may be completely wrong and that wouldent work for some electronics reason.

You use an RC timing circuit to limit in rush current.

Or an expensive power resistor precharge network…

1 Like

You could potentially just stack fets intil it works.
the real problem is the lack of precharge circuitry

1 Like

Flipsky tried to stack 10 MOSFETs glued to a heatsink and it still failed.

4 Likes

wait ;ike actaully? 10 full size fets? thats hilarious.
I suppose its not about the amplitude but the speed of the rising edge

3 Likes

It’s the power dissipated in the pulse surge.

I literally have two open source designs available that both have been tested by members and address this problem. Time for me to make a thread.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info
I was looking at the ltc 7001 a week ago.think I will use this one now as it’s proven, high side switching is best option for sure.

Think I will make a 10 qnty batch pcb of these using the above design if anybody is interested will look nice and have a fuse fitted. At cost no profit.

2 Likes

That’s if you don’t mind gamer?

I’d buy a pair as Guinea pig from you or @Gamer43 if you guys do it.

Will mount it rough : vertically with lots of movements and just some padding to reduce vibrations.

Ok just need permission first from gamer, i have pcb nearly finished will send it off next couple of days I used to be a pcb designer :grinning:.

pcb only, no switches, will be nicly insulated double heat shrink, and have cables and connectors, will have a proper fuse in it, no automotive fuses, which are not rated to 60v DC, but saying that they still probably work, just like to do things properly.

I’m sure it will work perfect as the ic used is perfect for that application

Like I said will be at cost no profit, just making a batch of 10 as I need 2 will ship world wide at cost.

Should be ready in under 2 weeks hopefully as pcb house I use is pretty quick.

2 Likes

What’s wrong with 58V midi fuses?