Esk8 Tesla Battery Gigafactories Producing 2170, 4680 and more. Discussion of all Tesla batteries and related topics.

I want pics, sounds awesome

3 Likes

ftfy :rofl:

2 Likes

BRB quitting ESK8 to work for Elon Musk

7 Likes

Amazing, isn’t it? That’s the way to save $$ though…efficiency, efficiency, efficiency.

6 Likes

Will any company make a further range car for the money than tesla at any point in the conceivable future?

I mean I could order 1000 tesla cells and make a trailer and attach it to a board. But besides that.

2 Likes

Multiple gigafactories being built worldwide by different companies so I would imagine so. But that’s just the cells. Lots of other stuff in the car and it just takes $$$ and huge manufacturing volume to get those costs down.

6 Likes

Yeah it seems like that is where Tesla is continuously hitting hardest right now. Tons of other companies could and probably will out-spend Tesla if the wanted, but electric reluctance in most major car brands means they will stick with what they know works (cars that burn gas) while elon is out here burning money.

6 Likes

IMHO they’ll all come around eventually, they’ll have to. But they have billions invested in the way they do things now so it will take them a while.

3 Likes

Yep. To state the obvious, I think that is the major sticking point for moving towards renewables. Not just in the car world either. Every industry. There is just too much momentum. Money, infrastructure, habits, manpower, etc. It’s taken a ton of human effort to get where we are today with power generation and usage, and we are not about to slow down that freight train any time soon haha.

6 Likes

It’s possible, but not keeping up with price, charging experience and a few other things, the obsession with optimizing every little details is what sets them apart, and software also, something that other still have a lot to do to catch up

You don’t managed to get a car for 335 miles of range to 400+ without changing your battery if you don’t go over everything you can and improve as much as you can (and they are not done, and never will be probably)

And on the other side, you see new cars being launched today, with a battery close to the same size that have almost half the range

7 Likes

4 Likes

are we breaking in mission impossible style to get all the 4680’s?

12 Likes

need a funnel to slowly suck from their 4680 production line :crazy_face:

6 Likes

SEEEEEEEECCCRRREEETTTT TTTUUUUUNNNNNNEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL

10 Likes

@longhairedboy

27 Likes

Guys lets just do a group buy for a Model S Plaid+ when it comes out, and cannibalize it for the battery. Dont think about all the logistics of how that would or would not work. Just sign up for my pre-order now!

19 Likes

12 Likes

Vengeance will be mine…oh, yes…some day.

5 Likes

whyyyyyyyyy

4 Likes

Screenshot_20210210-105348

hide-the-pain-harold

4 Likes