Esk8 Tesla Battery Gigafactories Producing 2170, 4680 and more. Discussion of all Tesla batteries and related topics.

14 Likes

Do we have any info on the specs for these cells?

4 Likes

69Ah 4.2V

13 Likes

@Fosterqc maybe you could link all the stuff you have shared about these cells from the 2170 thread?

3 Likes

Wth?

7 Likes

was a joke but the capacity could be upwards of 20Ah my guess

9 Likes

Thats insaneā€¦12s1p would do it lol

5 Likes

yep single parallel packs that are actually high range performance could be a thing.

How many years did it take for model 3 cells to get out in the wild?

4 Likes

Ill see yā€™all in 2024, boys.

16 Likes

Agreedā€¦at least.

18 Likes

Just buy a tesla and take apart the cells for your boards šŸ’ lol

I guess there will be salveged cells on ebay from chrashed cars soonā€¦

10 Likes

the core thing is when these will be put into the cars in the first place :smiley: I suppose a few years after that we might get our hands on individual cells

4 Likes

They are going to build these cells into the frame as part of the structure rather than inside discrete packs, at least thatā€™s the plan. Hopefully they are easily salvaged.

I wonder if thatā€™s partially tesla taking the next logical engineering step to make the frame of the vehicle into the fuel tank like they talked about so much in the presentation, and off the slide show a middle finger to independent repair. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

tbh I want to see how a structural battery does under full meltdown vs their old ones.

4 Likes
3 Likes

They actually state that it is 5X more than the 2170 so that gives us about 25Ah-ish maybe

1 Like

3 Likes

I think they tweeked them after the first prod

1 Like

Panasonic watching this like :pleading_face::pleading_face: why u do that to me Elon? šŸ„²šŸ„²

4 Likes
3 Likes