Tempoboard by DEAF Launch

then update the photos.

9 Likes

Iā€™m digging the mismatched motor pulleys

8 Likes

Neat parts, but the assembly can be improved, iā€™d suggest sleeving the phase wires, and having them come out away from the enclosure and then route into it, giving a cleaner look. The 220s look goofy on 6355s definitely, so if the dual 6374s are going to be on the final assembled piece, it should look good.

Looks wise, it definitely does not speak for itself yet, but performance should beat most prebuilts out there. There is room for improvement and i hope you guys the best!

9 Likes

Which part exactlyā€¦?

Surely you must have a more updated photo of your production boards to show us?

2 Likes

Jesus Christ. Give them a break man. Go do something useful instead

5 Likes

Sharp eyes :joy: we fixed it for the production boards.

4 Likes

This shit would be a sick buy for little man

1 Like

You really shouldnā€™t compare you board to boosted. They put a huge amount of time and RnD into their board. Iā€™m really not trying to rip on you too hard but a boosted board is leagues better than this in terms of reliability. Flipsky have gotten a smeared name in the ESC game lately. @jeffwuneo and his team could be a very good resource for you to improve your pricing and reliability

4 Likes

Iā€™d like to be positive and supportive but there is work to be done here. Prebuilt boards are a competitive market. Keep improving. Find a way to bring down the price. Maybe do an initial batch for dirt cheap. Good luck :]

3 Likes

Donā€™t worry about it, he offered good feedback. Its only going to help make our business stronger :grinning:

Haha. Why you trying to kill my little one man. He didnā€™t do shit to you :rofl:

1 Like

I dont like the board but surely you can understand that the assembly time, marketing, storage and risk need a markup? They arenā€™t just going to buy all the parts and build a board for free for fun.

As it stands they are probably making $200 per complete. Iā€™d rather shit in a bucket and put it on my head than deal with whiney esk8 customers for $200

26 Likes

Wish u guys all the best with your board.

But most of us here build our own Esk8 and wee all think we can do better with ~1500USD budget. YES WE CAN .

U have more detail picture? Like the inside of the enclosure the battery assembly. What deck is that?

Yes, there are definitely other costs involved but you also gotta look at whatā€™s currently available from other vendors at the $1,500 price point. I personally I would rather buy a bkb kit and pay someone $200 to assemble it.

3 Likes

Yes, the battery is Samsung 30q 12s3p with a 60A bms, the deck is our custom deck. you can check or previous thread about it.Product launch! Deaf Cruiser Deck

6 Likes

Is prebuilt tho, of course we could. The need some markup. If they tryna hit prebuilt market then they need markup. The components are a bit cheap (for DIY). For prebuilt there are more reliable cheaper things like hobbywing ESC, but they canā€™t handle the amount of amps needed. The board could use some work. But it is trying to be somewhat powerful which is only really achieved with the parts in the DIY market.

I honestly think if you want a powerful board, just use a longer deck. Sure 32" for portability, but 34 mph a longer deck seems more reasonable.

You should take it back to the drawing board as some others have said. If you expect people to spend 1,500 for near boosted price they may end up spending a few extra hundred dollars for something a bit ā€œbetterā€ (competitors: evolve - $1800, onewheel - $1800, take boosted SR boards, needs $400 for ER upgrade). I think you can do a few changes for some better parts, price may increase or stay similar depending on choices. but for better reliability and more performance possibly depending on what direction you wish. 32" is good for portability and most people buy shorter boards for convenience, commuting, portability and slower speeds. Long boards are better suited for speed and performance which is what it seems like you are trying to do here. BKB does similar stuff here, sort of a competitor here. Sure it is a kit butā€¦ price much lower and specs similar. Other short boards will satisfy commuter needs. It also does not look so refined as others have said. It could use some design work. I like how you put range @ full speed and range @ 18 mph, but weight of rider should be considered, itā€™s how people should advertise specs. 16 miles @ 34 mph on clone wheels and stiff short deck seems wild. With the amount of space taken by that enclosure, an integrated deck would look nice, or an designed enclosure for the deck that looks good and add to the design. The board would be a whole different monster with a few changes.

1 Like

Boosted boards are shit man. Iā€™m sorry to be the dick who says it

5 Likes

He said in terms of reliability. Performance, yeah they are shit. For a 1200 board, V2 non extended range I think my friend only gets 5 miles of range. lol. Low sag but still. 1200 for thatā€¦

6 Likes

It probably wasnā€™t the best comparison to make, as I always forget about the later versions (v2, v3 having truck / deck issues)

I was referring to the build quality of the v1 specifically, but you and Cisco have a point.

2 Likes