Tech requests for Jeff from neoONE (Merged Topic)

Can this be made to work with 16s or higher? 20s? At what voltage does it become very challenging?

7 Likes

For some change we make it need some more component than before. We target $120 price. We also work on making two motor version.

19 Likes

MPbX6OD

Jeff about to end Jason’s whole career :smiley:

19 Likes

Yes, make 16s and it would be perfect.

2 Likes

Hey @jeffwuneo Do you have any contacts at hobbywing? We could really use some of the tech from the exway. Namely the remote, their app and their ESC with slightly more ummmphhh.

6 Likes

I say this to my engineer, he already make new design :scream:

12 Likes

…is this accurate…?

Is accurate yes.

1 Like

Since the magnet is flat, the space underneath will need epoxy(if that was unclear), the flat magnets are lots cheaper than the curved ones. Can honestly say I never saw one with curved magnets, got 6 unused motors on my shelf atm with different brands and 5 more under use. all flat.

The topic feels especially important for hubs since the efficiency is already down the drain plus the hassle to reglue magnets on hubs is poo.

9 Likes

I was under the impression that we used curved magnets, this is interesting.

@torqueboards @Agnes_Maytech @BuildKitBoards do you guys use flat magnets in your motors too?

1 Like

Most coming from same factory. There are 2 big factory in Shenzhen who make these kind motor. For many they using bar magnet because is cost less. Maytech do this.

China magnet have many variance for magnet strength.

6 Likes

Are there any brands out there that sell 6374s with curved magnets?

1 Like

Not for this application. We can making though.

4 Likes

Well yeah i thought most motors were like this. but @jeffwuneo is saying otherwise, hence the need for epoxy to fill the gap between the flat of the magnet and the curve of the can.

I remember seeing pictures on the dead forum of dismantled motors with curved magnets in them.

1 Like

Do you mean to say that your magnets are curved on both sides?

On the can and on the stator facing side?

Because that, i have not seen.

2 Likes

@avX Yes. Is use radial magnet for both side. Because of this is having less gap and more efficient.

11 Likes

nice! i have 3 follow up questions.

1. do you have pictures of this?
  2. can you make 6374 motors with these and sell them yesterday? :smiley:
  3. any idea what the difference is between curved and flat magnets in scientific terms?
7 Likes

I share picture tomorrow. We can making but need 30-35 day for this. For curve magnet is having better field from flat magnet. Can making more efficient with less loss from each turn of rotor. For motor it needing have less air gap for more copper filling. With curve you having less gap so can fitting more copper.

18 Likes

Also for magnet. With magnet from China have many variance for field between each one. We use japan magnet for more tolerance of field. Is better quality but more costing.

Is same like we using for our AC and DC motor we make for customer.

15 Likes

Since the airgap is smaller you get better cogginforce from the magnet to stator which will make for a more efficient motor. However, the drag when freewheeling will be bigger. So its kind of a tradeoff. There are more factors in play such as polepairs but if i remember correctly airgap is very prominent in the equation.

6 Likes