TB DD trouble with Hoyt st Puck

This is my first build and I need help troubleshooting the board. I’ve calibrated the remote multiple times. The Focbox UI detects the input from the spinwheel every time. However, when I push to accelerate, the wheels dont spin. TB DD 75Kv. Is there something wrong with my settings, or the phase wires/ HELP

1 Like
1 Like
  1. The sound (in my experience) that you’ve identified is a normal part of the process and does not hurt the motors. The fact that they are turning is a good thing

2. I’ve used the puck with VESC6s and sometimes it can be a bit troublesome, so make sure you’ve got everything set up with communication between the unity and the remote.

Anyone feel free to call me wrong about the sound - but I’ve had it every time I’ve set up a board with VESCs and it never hurt them.

Also nice build.

5 Likes

In my experience, if I don’t hear that sound, then I fucked up somewhere.
BUZZ sound and low hum/whine is good
Cogging sound is bad

5 Likes

Sound exactly like my tbdd when I do detection, so that part is good. (I’m also using unity)

1 Like

Oh Chris, the battery looks better the other way up :yum:

2 Likes

I’ll get some better vids once I sort this bs out :smiley:

1 Like

set up your remote in the app

weird sound is fine on detection

EDIT:

you DID bind your remote to the receiver I trust

1 Like

I regularly gave my roommate and his GF heart attacks with motor detections lol

3 Likes

My cat also freak out whenever I do motor detection, might have to do with those high pitched sound.

2 Likes

The louder the better. I like the sounds.

Especially late at night.

If i could make it make that sound on command I would.

1 Like

Holy ssshit I did it, fixxed it. Gliding on butter at 35mph :smiley:

3 Likes

What was it?

dude i dont know i think i might have gotten a little inpatient and didnt finish the set up the first couple of times LMAO.

3 Likes