SWITCHING ADDICTIONS

Welcome! We’re really glad to have you. The rush is adrenaline, the afterglow is joy and satisfaction, and the expense is comparable to a decent coke habit. Keep your knees bent and buckle that chin strap. You’ve really rolled through it now!

Agreed. We’re all about tearing cuffs and ligaments and breaking bones. Not so much about rotting internal organs.

5 Likes

I could be wrong, I’m not an all seeing eye, but that has been my impression of it thus far.

Bioboards seems to have gone to a very customized freecher or similar motor now, but used to be MT. Streetwing used to be freecher, now maytech i see. Not sure how often LHB does motors, but those were maytech iirc. I don’t know anything that shows bkb is/was maytech, 99% sure they’re freecher.

We’ve blasted this off topic now tho. oops…

3 Likes

i may buy 40 to 60 in a year, been using maytech the entire time I’ve been building boards (6 years) and have with some frequency tested other motors, but still keep coming back to Jollin’s house.

1 Like

Welcome to the group
I understand esk8 life 15 year alcoholic now 3 boards and a build I don’t have time for?

2 Likes

i will do some digging when i have time, either way i need cheap motors
probably will end up with some SK3 / SK8, they are cheap and next day “delivery” for me :rofl:

3 Likes

@deadpirate so much your comment. Are you the dude in Vancouver I bought the unity from?? I just had to mention I didn’t support jared.

@longhairedboy not really because a healthy coke habit is zero dollars per ever. Oh nevermind you ssid decent. Yes, although wasnt nothin decent about how I did my coke.

@Plaidj thank you! I knew I couldnt be the only one cleaning up and finding myself chasing kick here!

@Darkie02 yes. yes I do, thank you. That was the idea.

@PixelatedPolyeurthan plz see above plz, I judge myself enough, I dont need ppl thinking I support esk8 terrorism

@Lionpuncher

I cant believe I dont have a pic of the finished product but heres the lush version just add a Phoenix toy board and a surf adapter I guess. and thanks, yeah I’ve been down th is road before. Tryna do something different so it rly sticks this time.

Everyone else, tha is for the shout outs and support, I look forward to sharing more of my journey wit y’all!

6 Likes

good to have u here man, looking forward to see what u come up with

2 Likes

I’m from Daytona beach. I have a unity I got from someone not Jared too

2 Likes

I would kill for a rip on that. Last year I had the chance to buy a ham boards 6’er. Can’t remember the model but it had the surf trucks and some big ole freewheels. Sadly funds would not allow and was it was sold before I could lament for too long.
But cooooooollll!

1 Like

hamboard wasmy inspiration! th prices r criiminal but i would like to try their truck! never surfed b4 but after this board, dont think i need to.

1 Like

1,344 days. Stay strong brotha. Ride safe.

7 Likes

Keep up the good work… I’m going on 6 years clean from the black tar.

5 Likes

You definitely need to. It’s unlike any other. And I never got good at it. Lives in a surf town for half a year many years ago. Went surfing almost everyday, could ride a longboard ok, but I can count on one hand how many good waves I caught and rode on a fish, and those my friend, were the best lines I’ve ever ridden. I’ll never forget that feeling. Highly recommend you try at least once in your life. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The first and only time i did it (almost 20 years ago) i ended up naked on top of a moving car. There’s never anything decent about it as far as I can tell. lol

3 Likes

Coke-version of a giant esk8? Was it a Tesla by any chance?

1 Like

@Lionpuncher uh. Wtf caught and rode a fish??like he pulled you on a surfboard while he was hooked on a fishing pole? Or you wrestled him w bare hands and saddled him like a horse? I have so many crazy visual rn because inhave no idea what you’re talking about please enlighten me!

1 Like

I’m sorry :joy::joy:. Sometimes my literary skills leave much to be desired. I almost just want to leave it at that, because your imagination is waaayyyy better than real life. I meant a fish shaped surfboard

Like this.
There are many shapes to surfboards, some way bigger and easier to ride, and smaller more traditional shaped boards for agility. The fish is on the smaller side, but easier to ride IMO. I’m no expert, so anyone here who surfs regularly please feel free to correct me.

1 Like

Lionpuncher by day, fish wrangler by night. Damn dude I was like holy fkn shit I haf to look into that!

3 Likes

:joy:
You gotta think someone somewhere is actually doing this. Holdup gotta YouTube…