SurfRodz TKP Adjustable Baseplate - KingPin Length

Anyone know what length the kinpin for the SurfRodz TKP Adjustable Baseplate is?

1 Like

I sold mine to @olsyke
He might be able to check

2 Likes

will check in a bit, busy at work right now

1 Like

thanks! that would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

5,6 cm alltogether, should be 2,3 inches

1 Like

I checked my bolts and they are the same length (56mm inc the bolt head), but they don’t seem to be compressing the bushings when tightened up

1 Like

maybe the tread is ending too early ?

could be, I’ve order a couple of kingpins that are 1/4" shorter, that should do the trick

1 Like

depending on how much the tread is too short, you could also just try to add more spacers ontop of the roadside bushings as a temporal fix i guess :man_shrugging:

What did you end up with for this Luke? Did you source some in the UK?

Hey Ben!

well I got completely ghosted by Surfrodz support which is pretty damn shabby, I get the feeling they couldn’t give a toss about customer support.

Also tried to replace the bolt but the one I ordered has a different style thread.

In the end I added some washers to the KP nut to sort the issue out. It works but to be honest it’s a piss take to spend that much money on trucks and have to cludge a fix to get them to work.

Shame on you Surf Rodz

3 Likes

Cheers!
I think mine are actually from @mikenyc actually so perhaps he knows?

1 Like

I also have some sets of non adjustable baseplate TKPs and the nut digs into the deck when tightened, so basically if you are not using them with a drop through deck they also have the issue out of the box.

I wonder if SR got a batch of KPs that are too long or something.

2 Likes

Mine don’t have that issue

@BigBen I’m guessing you have the same problem with a set of SR trucks?

No, mine were always dropthrough anyway.

hey! they are 2.25 inches

2 Likes

thanks @mikenyc :slight_smile:

that’s the standard style of measuring just the thread without the head of the bolt right?

1 Like

Hey man I think this should do it. (I could
Be wrong)

I had gotten some Baseplates with missing bolts and this did the trick.

2 Likes

@ahrav thanks man, you are a star!

do you have a spare? that seller doesn’t ship to the UK

1 Like