Mini FOC based on VESC6

Yeah sweet. I’m going to try an antispark built by Volokno. If that fails then a trusty loop key is the fall back.

I suspect it will fail eventually. Only antisparks I would trust are the Gamer43 x Haggyboard, Gamer43 x Flipsky (smart enchanced antispark), 3d servisas ones that aren’t available anymore, and Lacroix’s one that might not even be commercially available on its own. And possibly Maytech’s latest one, but it looks huuuuge.

1 Like

You’re probably right but I purchased it ages ago for my last build. Shipping took forever and it came in after I’d changed plans. May as well give it a whirl on my short board build using 12s *edit 3p (not 30 haha) 40T with Maker X mini plus. It looks beefy!

1 Like

:flushed::flushed::flushed: this short board I wanna see :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

Lol. 3p

It is best to keep this electrolytic capacitor. Because it can provide more current for the ESC.
You can move it to other places. But it needs to be as close as possible to the ESC. The distance from the ESC 3~4 cm will be fine.

1 Like

I use them on a dual hub motor street board without any real cooling with 8S4P, 30A battery Amps + 40A motor Amps (each). I only drive in flat areas and haven’t got them over 45 degrees C. Works perfectly in FOC without any problems so far.

I know I don’t challenge them too much with this setup :sweat_smile: Just to give a bigger image of this VESC at 8S :v:

1 Like

I am kind of confused. Are these current values “continues” or “peak”?

Peak phase current.

2 Likes

Don’t think so, the original one was 30A cont and 100A peak. So it wouldn’t make any sense for the newer versions to have a lower peak.

Those numbers should be cont phase amps. @LaCocoRoco

1 Like

Based on some other people’s testing (read the top of this thread), the mini foc is best used at 30A battery continuous and below, and the mini foc plus at 50A battery continuous and below. But yeah, 50 and 80 could be reasonable max motor amps.

2 Likes

Ok guys, after getting in contact with the MakerX support i am uncertain if things will work out as planed. My enclosure was not sealed enought, so i fried my “Flipsky Dual FSESC6.6 Plus” because of moisture. I tried to replace it with the “MakerX GO-FOC DUAL DRIVE” but i am missing space. Next possibility is an dual “MakerX Mini 50A”. The motors are rated with 1600W. Battery 12s. Someone has experience regarding the power consumption in relation to the heat development? Will i fry everything?

1600W / ~50V = 32A

Even the regular Mini FOC can handle that, no problem!

2 Likes

Can you explain this then, on you site it shows the MAKERX MINI-FOC PLUS to have an 80amp max output, is this an error?
.makerx-tech.com/products/vesc?variant=32014926413937

probably a peak value, sustainable for a few secs.

Ok, thought so. So it could do 60 amps continuous? or have tests proven it to be less?

No idea, I’ve got the non plus verision and never ran it above 30A

Maybe @ShutterShock @YUTW123
I have hooked up two makerx mini to vesc tool and it tells me that im missing the new Vesc Tool version.
Im using the free vesc tool version.
Is there a way to update the free Vesc TOOL or do i need a payed version? Im running 2.06 so far and no motor detection is possible.
EDIT: do I have to download the bootloader first on this minis before updating FW?

Just go “buy” the vesc tool for free from the project site again. I think there is a thread dedicated to the various versions of the vesc tool somewhere around here.

2 Likes