StormCore 60D+ Can’t be Discovered!

Here is my Esk8 naked.

It seems like the Stormcore has a built in Bluetooth module but I can’t seem to connect to it. The control mode is set to PPM and UART and everything works based on my RC car remote. What could be the problem? The baud rate(it’s currently the default 115200)? Or some other settings?

1 Like

@Skyart @Flashgod224 @Blasto maybe can help I’m also curious

1 Like

Sometimes they just don’t work, it’s weird, happened to me before, and randomly would start working again…but this is very rare.

2 Likes

Had a 60D in the hoyt shop today with a doa BT module. Shit happens, contact lacriox and be nice

3 Likes

Yeah I have to check my second hand 60d because I tried to set it up and it wasn’t coming up
But I didn’t really try hard I just went on the Stormcore app and it wasn’t coming up either :thinking:

1 Like

Contact lacroix. My 60d+ had the bt module missing. They can walk you thru some testing stuff if your comfortable with it. Or they’ll ask you to straight up mail it back.

3 Likes

I’ll get you the right stuff on Monday, just write to us. Worst case is we will do a swap out for a working unit. Just wait until then, the process goes by pretty quick. Also we might have a slight delay in some supporting, I’ve got a busy coming week.

Don’t worry so much, we’ll get it working.

6 Likes

For sure. As an engineer myself I can commiserate dealing w/ failure margins. Sponsored FOC works like a dream tho.

Silly suggestion, If you have more then one vesc ap, try discovering with the others. I had a vesc that would be discovered with Yours Truly but not the vesc app or the FreeSK8 app. As soon as I opens and closed Yours Truely, the other apps would be able to discover the vesc.

2 Likes

That’s cause the ble controller can only communicate with one app at a time.

Some apps don’t like to let go of that link till you force close it.

2 Likes

When this happened it was the first time I had connected to the vesc. This was another manufacturer as well.

I understand what your saying about Bluetooth.

1 Like

Nope. Tried both apps you suggested and a dedicated Bluetooth scanner. The SC is literally Bluetooth silent.

1 Like

Sick! Lakwah support team sent me the instructions and flash files to reflash the Bluetooth module and now it works.
NRF Programming procedure.pdf (167.3 KB)
nrf52840_stormcore_ble_rx31_tx30_led5.bin (210.7 KB)

5 Likes

+1 rep for uploading .bin and .pdf

Nice!

2 Likes