SERIOUS - đź’ˇ Trial run for "Serious" tags on new threads (Serious Replies Only)

So, not everyone likes a steady stream of dick jokes while they’re trying to get their esk8 on. So we’re trying a little gambit here by giving those putting up new threads the option to throw a “Serious” tag in the title, signifying that immature fucktards like me need to chill out on goofs and derails. Expect flag activity if you ignore and little sympathy from mods in applying them.

Will it work? I have no idea.

Please share thoughts below, and for the sake of this experiment, consider this an Serious-tagged thread.

Thanks, muchachos.

@mmaner
@Dareno
@anorak234

40 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

This is one of those things I believe deserves to be up for a vote. As in a community poll.

2 Likes

It’s a trial run to see if people like it, better than a vote as it actually tests the practice.

6 Likes

I disagree, because that creates an unnecessary polarization. This is not an us vs. them scenario, just an option for those who want to get the most information processed in the most efficient way.

6 Likes

Flagging as off topic isn’t a new invention and could still be used. No need for new criteria for certain posts imo.

1 Like

Cool. Thanks for putting that out there.

4 Likes

This sounds reasonable.

6 Likes

Sorry for not getting it completely, but to me this sounds like an sro marked thread will make mods active on flagged posts, or actively cleaning threads themselves… But if the thread is not tagged as sro, mods will be a lot less quick on the trigger and thread is more or less open for off topics and dick jokes?

2 Likes

What about a NSR (non-serious reply) gets hidden from anyone who has the filter? Anyone who can see the post can toggle the flag so if most people think it’s serious it’ll show for people

Maybe same for entire threads, because some are clearly just garbage

Edit: also make the flag anonymous so it doesn’t create conflict of interest or ill will

5 Likes

Apologies if not clear enough. The intention is for the OP and those desiring a Clif notes thread to be able to flag off topic or derail stuff, and we will then act upon those flags given the nature of the thread. I’m not a fan of mods pulling flags, because that’s a user tool.

In a thread not marked SRO, same story but slightly different criteria given that it’s more of a free-for-all setting. So what might be a flag in an SRO thread probably won’t get marked in non-SRO threads.

1 Like

I think this is a good idea. It’s up to OP to include SRO if they want it and I think it will help reduce off topic debates and spam for some threads and that will make it more friendly to outsiders as well as keep me from going mad for needing to read 50+ replies to a topic I’m interested in when someone decides to stray.

I like off topic as much as anyone but it can get old when it’s a major part of every other thread.

9 Likes

I like this idea. This way you can joke around, but serious replies don’t get lost under an avalanche of shitposts :+1:

3 Likes

Say you start a thread, and it goes off topic, could you then edit the title, adding the sro tag and have all those ot posts deleted?

2 Likes

I’mma be the villian here. I think it’s unnecessary. I don’t ever see serious replies get lost. Whenever someone needs help with something they get help with it. The dick jokes just fill the time. If you start doing hard core censoring, it just gets boring.

4 Likes

No. Needs to be SRO from the beginning.

2 Likes

I second this, especially for sale threads

3 Likes

Well, if everyone agreed with you, this wouldn’t have been posted. This just gives people options, and isn’t meant as an attack on free speech or a forum-wide censorship play. There will be plenty of threads for the kind of free-form fun shit a lot of us are more in tune with.

2 Likes

That’s why I thing it should be a filterable thing on the user end…if you don’t want to see the garbage (like me) you can toggle the filter and it’s all gone, but if you don’t toggle the filter then it has no effect

2 Likes