Solidity of inserts on Lacroix

Hi all, thanks for having me.

I have been riding my beloved Onewheel XR for two years now and after getting into classic longboarding I decided I needed for speed without the hassle of walking up the hills again I bought a Lacroix Nazaré which I very much enjoy.
Carving at 40kph and uphill is just so nice.

Anyway, yesterday evening I installed the Davega X I got from @janpom (thanks very much!) and I had to open the enclosure to fit the cable to my stormcore.

It all worked well, the Davega booted without a hitch, I made a wooden shim with cutout for the cable, everything was well.
The only problem was closing up the enclosure again.
Lacroix has this rubber gasket glued to the bottom of the deck for keeping moisture out.
There’s around 15 screws or so to get back in and it really was a struggle getting them to grip, i really had to press down the enclosure and at one point I had to get a clamp and a wooden support to push the enclosure down fullly to get the screws to grip.
I know, Lacroix uses inserts, how durable are they?

I’m a bit of a nervous guy when I start working on my rideables and I worry I may have broken something.
I wasn’t able to ride board since fitting the Davega because of rain and work and I’m just hoping I’m not breaking anything.
Does anyone have enough experience with these things?
Thanks
Felix

picture for attention

3 Likes

Having worked on a Nazare before, I would say it’s pretty much expected to use clamps so the screws can reach the inserts threads : the gasket need to be compressed enough. Once they’re in, it will be fine.

I’ve not heard of their inserts breaking, some popped out yea but it’s not something that a bit of epoxy can’t fix.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

1 Like

@Flasher are they steel?

I can’t see the picture

1 Like

He can’t upload it afaik as he’s a “basic user”

1 Like

I can’t remember what material they’re made of. They can break if you try screwing into them too often without clamps. If it went in and you felt it screwing, no worries to have. If it feels like butter, time to contact support for new inserts :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Haha, you‘re right, I forgot one.
There you go:

2 Likes

Thanks, if I ever go back into the enclosure I‘ll know what to look out for.

From the looks of it they’re brass.

1 Like