So Cal from the Orange Curtain to Mexico share your secret rides

@Mikenopolis or some locals… tell me your secrets, Aliso Creek Trail, how to by pass Ben Brown’s yeah I could google map it and ride through neighborhoods… but that’s so pedestrian…

It looks like fun to esk8 but dead fucking ends at Ben Browns…

last time I tried, a golf-caddy told me to go over Top of The world… but that ain’t fucking happening on a street carver…

I thought about jetting down the fairway, passing all the geriatric locals and lesbian golfers, but lately I’ve taken a dislike to speaking with law enforcement…

anyone have a gem to share to ride this trail to the beach and back?

or any other secret eskate trails or routes you wanna share?

Shit, where do I start. Let’s cover South OC:
Dana Point to San Clemente, Doheny state beach following coast hwy all the way to the beginning of Trestles, the freshly paved street paralleling that, caminito capistrano

The always pretty clean San Juan Capistrano bike trail from Doheny inland all the way into Ortega Hwy

the boardwalk from Monarch beach, starting from salt creek parking lot wrapping around the Ritz, under PCH, then going up into salt creek trail ending at Chapparosa park. pavement gets more shit as you go but still worth it, continuing onto golden lantern or turn around.

Then aliso creek trail that spans from Aliso canyon all the way to cook’s corner.

Forgetting bike trails, Alton Parkway, from top of Foothill Ranch, all the way down to Irvine Blvd, an absolute DREAM section of all mild downhill, freshly paved couple years ago, like riding on silk.

And of course, don’t foget the 133 hwy from el toro rd until laguna beach. Do this at rush-hour ish and you will be blasting past cars heading to the beach down the bike lane, or go the other way, eh! Decent amount of debris on the road from frequent mountain bike traffic, but fun still!

Circling back in, the San Diego creek trail, starting from the Spectrum mall, ALL the way into the beginning of back bay. Think you got range? Do the loop! 1 wooden bridge crossing and some shitty water drainage gaps underneath bridge crossings, but above ground sections are smoooth.

But you ain’t done, oh no. How bout a detour off that trail? The University trail, intercepts the San diego creek trail, heading into UCI. Starts out as smooth, then all of a sudden you’re carving through sand canyon wash. The segmented concrete disrupts flow a bit but shred it anyway. Be sure to do a couple loops on UCI campus as it is a gigantic circle!

After you’re done shredding back bay, it’s time to go back, but forget going back to irvine spectrum. Get off the trail at Barranca parkway and go up Harvard to pick up Peter’s canyon trail, take it inland until you deadend at portola, or turn right before the train tracks to shred down the perfectly made for high speed carving Walnut Trail.

The Jeffrey Open Space trail is definitely worth mentioning too, as is the Hicks Canyon trail. Pacific Island Drive, Newport Coast Dr, Jamboree and Tustin Ranch road are all honorable mentions, and skyline drive in Tustin is a worthy night time shred.

5 Likes

d00d… we need to sk8…

3 Likes

yes… how to connect to the coast… elegantly…

balboa and the boardwalk…

3 Likes

No easy way, the wilderness parks is in the way and the best solution is to follow aliso creek to alicia pkwy to crown valley. Random construction on alicia fked the bike lane a little but not too bad, crown valley all the way to PCH is a speedfest

Of course, boardwalk past HB or go up Santa ana river trail and you can be on it with no end in sight. Past anaheim and keeps going. All the way past Anaheim if you make it up there, shred Canyon Rd and Serrano. Steep as hell, don’t blow an ESC.

3 Likes

yeah as I surmised…

fcuk Ben Brown and his golf course

2 Likes

I’ve run both river-mouth runs numerous times… one time I stashed 2 batteries in the bushes so I could do the whole HB to Corona and back river trail…

my ankles were weak when I finished…

2 Likes

something something arms heavy, spaghetti, etc.

Have you ran the San Gabriel trail from seal beach into la mirada? Or Los angeles river trail into downtown, or continue the other section from downtown until it wraps around behind griffith observatory, then shred that street all the way up to the observatory?

Boardwalk from Redondo beach till Santa Monica?

1 Like

anyone sk8ed Spyglass in Zooport… when I was training for tri’s I was clocked by the cops at over 70’s on a peddle bike…

we had a brief exchange about gravity and the iron-man… and he let me off with a warning…

@MoeStooge

an uphill on Spyglass… truely outlaw

3 Likes

no… i have not… tell us what is fuking fun…
I’ve sk8ed Venice beach, you know eggzakkery how much fun that is…

2 Likes

fucking gold… I’ve sk8ed some of those but thaks for sharing your stash!!!

2 Likes

I’m going to main gate… Pendleton amorrow and ask the camo guys what’s up and let y’all know… till ya know… ya don’t know…

2 Likes

or… I’m going to esk8 nekkid at GLenEden,

1 Like

Esk8 w/dicks out @Blacks is certified GOAT

2 Likes

when I only had 10~miles~ISH FOR RANGE… i’D DO THE BACK-BAY LOOP AND PRAY I DIDNT HAVE TO kICK PUSH… i’m feeble and m0ngo kick push, 5th ring of hell

1 Like

uphill or downhill?

1 Like

Downhill from La Jolla farms rich old lady land, loop the beach all the way down to the beginning of the end that is the old gay dude area, do a quick 180* and hope you don’t shoot your board into the ocean because your grip tape is wet and sandy, then head back to uphill, being sure to avoid the 400lb utter fucking hambeast with a horse cock strapon that nobody knows how they got down the bluffs (hint: the lifeguards definitely drove that ChickenFucker down)

That hill is fun tho, as is the beach stretch. I had to bail hard to be completely sure I wouldn’t cream some little 5 year old bastard who froze in the middle of the pavement as I was going down around 35mph… I skidded a bit down the hill, but the board launched into the left side concrete drain and got scratched to shit. Tbh, an ABS enclosure would’ve been toast. The rocket deck I will forever bug @evoheyax about for another lid however took the scars like a champ…

Blacks Beach Trailhead
9601 La Jolla Farms Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037
https://maps.app.goo.gl/MXww3a9FnMVLnpdS9

I don’t think any Thane can take the sand… Didn’t get to try tho. 8" w/knobbies in the rear can.

2 Likes

d00d you have eggcellent suggestions… but… your presentation skills are lacking…

1 Like

Ok b00mer…

1 Like

i smite you

or is it smotten…

d00d

you’re in ohio

who is the joke on

1 Like