Hi dear builders,
I’d like to present you a project that took me few weeks of work.
The project came from few statements :
- On events we have all our own charger leading to a messy charge area and a car full of different chargers
- We barely can’t borrow a charger to someone due to the difference of voltage/current/connector
- Having different boards at home means differents chargers (6S, 10S, 12S). Money and mess.
- I can’t put pack into storage mode like I could with my lipo charger.
- 1 to 12S packs (with BMS)
- Up to 15A
- Storage mode charging (no discharging)
- User friendly menu
- Profiles (up to 5)
- USB port for remote/smartphone charging
- Safety features for battery, charger ans power supply protection
- Charge current ramp up
- Buzzer warning
- Quiet ! (Fans running only if the SmartCharger gets warm)
- Web server for remote monitoring, settings and control (using Wifi)
- FW update OTA (using Wifi)
(First video I do in english… Sorry )
I use this charger almost everyday and I could push it near the limits (420W over 440W) flawlessly.
I tested it with 10S and 12S li-ion battery.
Some friends used it and found it pretty intuitive.
What’s next ?
First, I want to collect your thoughts, comments and maybe features requests.
The housing and very basic code (including DPS comm library) are already published but I’m still wondering how I want this project to be directed.
@janpom 's DAVEGA project has been an great inspiration all along of the dev process.
Thousands thanks to him !
@Slak who helpt me when stucked with code issues
John, a web designer friend for the web app design