I dub thee Equilibrium!

It as actually really interesting your solution with the spacers. Are they made of POM or what?

3 Likes

Plastic spacers. Come with the SDF.
Feel a bit cheap really, given the cost of it.
Easy to swap out though.

1 Like

Well they helped to integrate better the base plate. That for sure. It looks nice. You can make them in aluminium or POM to be really sturdy. Or print them in nylon too.

Yeah they feel like plastic, we’ll see how they handle, but I’m planning on getting some aluminum ones anyway.

Deck just needs a couple more coats and rear truck is assembled. Thinking I’ll have to bring the motors and GD up one tic for more clearance.

15 Likes

This is sick! Really nice idea

1 Like

Couldn’t resist slapping it together so I can stand on it. Feels solid, and holy crap the riptide bushings and pivot cups are on a whole different level.

37 Likes

I think this is one of the most breatifull board I have seen, so far.
I understand the choice of raw hammock but I think the black with the silver sign also fits really nice too honestly. It calls back the motors and the wheels. For a total raw look you would also need the Sk3 raw motors.

4 Likes

Thanks rey! I’m really happy with it so far. And your right, I’m digging the black hammocks too. I’ve been looking at those sk3 6374’s. Does anyone know if the writing on the can is a sticker or paint?

2 Likes

Sticker as fair as I know. Since they just made a GB for them and they where all silver from the factory.

1 Like

If you want a metal finish, hold some sand paper on the can and run the motor until it’s shiny, then add some clear coat

2 Likes

Here we go. Maybe he has some left

1 Like

3 Likes

Dude! that is looking absolutely fantastic!!

2 Likes

This build looks so next level dude… just awesome.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I’m super excited to finish and ride it.

4 Likes

So far that has my vote for best build 2019. For sheer design detail. Looks absolutely beautiful.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone! All the love makes the work I put into it feel that much sweeter. I’m surprised that I haven’t ran into any major issues with the build. For the most part it feels like everything was made to go together, besides minor modifications with basic tools.

All the credit truly goes to the creators of these beautiful components for the hard work they put in making them a reality.

3 Likes

This looks like something a motion design think tank would put out as a statement piece. Stunning!

2 Likes

Thanks! it’s so pretty I’m gonna be bummed to get it dirty, lol

2 Likes

When I ordered the drive it had a section for order notes, so I asked if they could leave it with a raw finish instead of anodized black.

Yep that’s what I’m talking about. :frowning: