Show me your top mount Enclosure [Wiki]

2 x 6S 14,000 mAh Tattu LiPo batteries in an off brand Pelican like hard case. Bought this case because it had a slightly larger internal length than Pelican case and thus the Tattu batteries would fit in it. Mounted using heavy duty Velcro.

7 Likes

Center :
Drybox 409 for 2 x 6s12Ah15C lipo Graphene
Rear :
Ultrabox 206 for 2 x VESC6

10 Likes

After waterproof style case, junction/electrical boxes time ! :sweat_smile:

Center :
Watterproof box 240 x 190 x 90 mm, IP55, customized
Rear :
MadBox for 2 x Fox + Metr. + Rx

15 Likes

https://www.altronics.com.au/hardware/enclosures-boxes/

Awesome range of electrical boxes here…

Yours look great!

1 Like

I painted it black, add 3d print insert for all the holes around (also adapt 2 of them as passage for the wires and switch key), and then cover it with carbon/blue fiber. It can fit mainy type of battery pack, here it was 3 x 4s 10Ah 15c.

Edit: only see now its a no words thread … :grimacing:

4 Likes

12S8P 30Q N.E.S.E. Modules custom copper tabs me

Enclosure required dremel to remove some material

12 Likes

Sweet ! Fit nicely !! I also like the tiny Fox 3dsas box on the rear :wink:
The setup look strong. Custom rear-handle-motor-bumper ? Awesome :+1:

Can you tell me more about those ? What copper type did you use ? Please make a build log :stuck_out_tongue:

Due to internal battery orientation I had to route POS/neg wires heelside again :confused:

6 Likes

What’s the advice on fastening the enclosure to the deck? How do you keep the box stable and secure while the deck flexes and prevent any stresses being applied to it?

2 Likes

Aluminum box mounted on rubber shock absorbers
can’t provide links sorry…

self built 12s6p with 30q’s and 100A smart bluetooth bms, 100A main fuse and 8A chargeport fuse

battery barely fits in the box. I put some foam and a thin sheet of teflon under the battery

10 Likes

12s3p 15ah hardcase lipo pack with a charge only smart BMS in a pelican 1300 case. Flipsky dual 6.6 in the center box. A 60 volt to 12 volt step down converter and a gps skate tracker are also in the same enclosure. I’ve got this build up to 32mph, and it has lots of power for off roading. I cleaned it up before I took these pictures. So far it has been waterproof, but I’m still not confident that water won’t enter through the cable glands. Overall this build has been so much fun to ride, and I can’t wait to get moon’s gear drives on here.

I cleaned up the battery wiring BTW.

7 Likes

Trampa 9" wheels, 5.9:1 gear drive
Top mount 20a/240w buck converter and rocker switch for LED under lighting 200ma/per light,800ma total draw. 5v3a waterproof usb connector and DC/DC tapped into main battery for USB recharging on the fly. Still waiting for the 3000lm 6" headlight to arrive
Using ratchet straps to hold the case on, and threw 1/4 inch neoprene on the bottom of the case for additional grip

Powercon Charge Port (charging at 4a)

13s5p self built with spot welder and nickel strips using Samsung 25r cells Using cell spacers, shown before adding neoprene padding on top and before charge port was mounted
SKB Hardshell waterproof case. All thru holes have been hot glued

7 Likes

10s2p 18650 battery

Pelican clone case for vesc

Uploading: C0C2673A-DB44-4A94-89FD-DE83C01221BD.jpeg…

3 Likes

12s9p - lg hg6 20650s

Made by @BenjaminF of @DRI

Enclosure used:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081LZYNHN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

12 Likes

Latest iteration of top box and I think the final. Can’t get much smaller. It’s a nice size compared to a year ago lol.

12s7p polycase

12 Likes

Nice case! What is it?

13 Likes

Enclosure looks great! Which one is it?

1 Like

12s8P Molicel p42a pack with smart bms stuffed into a trampa monster box. Obviously no room for esc in there. Built by @BenjaminF

All seams were sealed and taped in the box. Very snug fit. Faaackin perfect!

11 Likes

33,000 mah, must be pretty heavy, may gets some moli 28a when back in stock

1 Like