Yup, still spins and works minus the shaft

@b264
see, shafts do break :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Gigidy…

Wow, that might be a first

Did a rock hit it?

1 Like

No impact to it at all, though I was offroading on dirt was when it snapped off while riding.

1 Like

I am happy with @longhairedboy refinement made to my WCS 4WD beast.

Some are Mavericks and focus on Big picture minus the fine details.

Others focus on the whole thing and put everything together like Apple hardware or Porsche

In my opinion @longhairedboy is like Apple or Porsche and WCS is like a Custom Chopper builder or a Monster Truck builder.

Both has its own beauty

Safety first always, so I must agree with the points made regarding battery safety.

Happy and grateful to have supported the Builder community !!!

fullsizeoutput_2b07|375x500

2 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Looks sick! Unfortunately this board isnt providing me what I want which is why I’m getting rid of it.

1 Like

Is it just me or is one of your motor mounts bent?

13 Likes

You only have one shoe on. So it’s kinda straight.

1 Like

My fav method to check is to put a boardnamics hanger up against them

4 Likes

I’ve never seen a motor shaft break. I’ve seen motor cages break, motor pulleys all the time, magnets shattering and falling out or destroying the stator, shorts in the windings, bearings get gross and seize or fly apart, sensors get shredded, etc. But shafts snapping is rare and in my mind indicates some kind of weakness present from manufacturing. That shaft should be able to handle forces that would snap or shred belts or pulleys.

Mounts aren’t bent, but the motors aren’t exactly in the same position on the mounts. IIRC that offset is a result of tuning the belt tension. For whatever reason, the exact same motor position on both sides led to one side having significantly less free roll than the other. It was odd.

4 Likes

The tolerances between same size belts is often like +/- 5mm in my own findings. Depends on the manufacturer and how close the two belts are on a given roll (if even from the same roll)

3 Likes

Then its highly probably we just had a pair of belts on the opposite sides of the tolerance spectrum. There’s only about a 3mm difference there.

Somebody buy this board. It’s a great ride and I have plenty of those maytech ESCs he uses if you burn one up.

5 Likes

Just gonna leave this here…

3 Likes

Why is he always so agressive

3 Likes

Just reaffirming that he’s the saltiest old man on the internet :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

it’s true. I fucked with his board. Now it doesn’t start smoking randomly.

also you don’t need to remove the baseplates to fix everything else. probably the only thing on that board that wasn’t fucked were the trucks. shit had the wrong sized motor pulleys and everything.

10 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::skull::skull::skull:

1 Like