“APPARITION” - @rosco's StreetCarver

Cheers @zero_ads!

2 Likes

@rosco cheers also :call_me_hand:t2:

Thanks guys that def points me in the right direction. I’m about 85kg (90 after the holidays :nauseated_face: ) and right now i have reds back and very soft yellow on the front, which was an experiment to compensate the stiffer back truck. Works very well, no wobbles and still be able to take a sharp curve without having to get off(=annoying)

btw Rosco; Nice goin on the board there :slightly_smiling_face: putting the Ripper on the deck again ? Bottom maybe ?

:grin: :call_me_hand:t2:

7 Likes

First decent off road outing in late ‘22 found gremlins. ABS Overcurrent faults on one motor. Hadn’t fitted the MBS heelstraps yet either which woulda been a good idea.

Back home from summer beach holidays now and found the cause of faults… :+1:

Don’t be lazy like me.
Never trust stock phase connectors.

Heelstraps fitted now too :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Damn dude! That could have ended worse :grimacing:

Glad you found the gremlin!

1 Like

10 Likes

:joy: It seems like a better name. Maybe more specifically it could be APPARITION

4 Likes

Shitty banana type bullets replaced with the better solid ones and faulty soldering on the stock ones eliminated. Test ride and no more ABS overcurrent faults :blush: :call_me_hand:

@BenjaminF some glamour pics below

10 Likes

Night at the indoor cart track next week, so back onto the hubba/xcell wheel set till then.

Still getting used to riding with bindings, hopefully helps on the tight corners on track and doesn’t cause any issues if I come off :grimacing:

14 Likes

Straight cut upgrade :call_me_hand:
In progress

4 Likes

Yeah baby. Ditch that helical shit.

2 Likes

What gear ratio are your straight cuts?

3.8 ratio dude.

Pinion removal went well, but then got stalled because I couldn’t find the dremel bit I needed to lengthen the motor mounting holes.

Probably need another 4 or 5mm of length to bring the motor pinion closer to the big hub gear. Hardware shop today.

1 Like

Might need to dremel the motor mount slots for proper mesh

1 Like

Yup I definitely do. :+1:
Need to buy new dremel bits today first

2 Likes

Test ride on the new gears tonight :call_me_hand:
More zooms, great sound too😊

7 Likes

Supa Karts indoor track night was awesome :call_me_hand:
Board went well, excel RS were really grippy and bindings helped with the tight corners.
Really happy with how it performed :blush:

4 Likes

What’s wrong with helical? I alway sthought it was better (and more silent)

1 Like

I’m just a basic bitch.

2 Likes

An extra failure point which isn’t needed
Plus straight cut zooms sound cool :joy:

2 Likes

Who prefer it straight, got it