Roll to start antispark with auto off please that works

ok cool ordered a couple…thx

1 Like

But it uses International Rectifier trash :(…

I don’t know what that means and why that should matter.

It means they’re overpaying for inferior MOSFETs.

Okay but the design and operation of the bms is solid.
I have read zero complaints and have yet to experience any of my own.
It has roll to start and auto off built in. Plus it manages charging to your desired voltage with balancing at your desired voltage.
And you can check individual pack voltage with the metr app.

So again why does it matter and which mosfets would you suggest then?

Hello people. As of November 2019, there are two bullet-proof antispark switches on the market:

1. The Flipsky Anti spark Switch Smart Enhanced 200A
  2. FatBoy Mini Sparky Switch Ver-2 100A-200A 100V Pre-Charged Anti-Spark Switch with Push To Start

Both claim to be push to start. But I see no wires to attach to the phase wires of my motors to actually use them as a true push to start switch. Does anyone know how they work then / where to solder wires? Perhaps @3DServisas can explain theirs? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The FlipSky smart switch is based in @Gamer43’s design. I don’t know how it detects voltage but it works. I have 100s and 100s of miles on it.

6 Likes

No intervention required with the button at all? :smiley:

1 Like

You can use a button, I don’t. Push to start and timer off. No volt meter or switch, only a charge port visible.

11 Likes

Motors act as generators when you spin them.

3 Likes

how is the staus on the push to start anti spark?
is it holding up?
im thinking of getting one too :slight_smile:
thx very much and kr

I stopped using them altogether.

Currently running good ol as150 antisparks.

1 Like

I know it’s an it’s an old topic but does anyone know if the flipsky 200a anti spark can really withstand peaks of 200a?
I suppose it is safe to be used with a total of 200a batt. Max, no?

its flipsky :man_shrugging:t2: i would expect no more than 100a

3 Likes

:arrow_up: that, and filter capacitance is going to be an equal or bigger stress on the antispark than continuous current flow.

1 Like

And what about a loopkey? Ive used both The flipsky never failed and so didnt the loopkey. My batt max never was set above 110amps total.
What do you guys use for high output amp builds ?

Loop key is by far the most reliable (and cheapest) option, but unsightly and not roll-to-start.

2 Likes

Indeed, but i have 3 of those flipsky’s and kind of like them (the 2020 version, the older one isnt reliable at all) .
I use roll to start only and no push button. Its great because i didnt had to drill any hole in my enclosure because i must be the worst hole driller on this forum,by far :slight_smile:
But you’re right xt90 will be the most reliable option.

stormcore and unity got the antispark it built in. and that is the two most popular options I would say. For a lot of people they hold up, but failing antispakrs on those units are one of the more common failures. Alot of the off-roaders that uses trampa vescs do use loopkey, the boards are ugly anyways so… :wink:

2 Likes