RobbieP and his new friends

Don’t worry I came in a whole lot more cocky then you and I got shot down in my first build thread so badly…

2 Likes

Yep I’ll be there!

3 Likes

Thats good to get humbled sometimes. We all need it at some point in time.

Guess mine was first post lol. Thanks guys! Fr, no sarcasm

3 Likes

You gotta get some photos of what you’re working with for us

2 Likes

Alright. Here a few photos. Function is far more important than fashion on this board. As you can see lol

The escs are clamped between two heat sinks and have bullet connectors on the xt90 for easy swapping. Is my fave part of the build. I’ve toasted too many escs!

LEDs up front are c.o.b. for a nice spread, then the adjustable spotlight for distance. Rear LEDs are controllable via the photon remote, even has a brake/turn signal function as seen in the video.
The LEDs are recessed in the aluminum, then covered with table top epoxy for durability purposes.

Its not the prettiest, but I beat the hell out of it, even with the Velcro f1 bindings.
I’m lazy and havent put the f5’s or heel straps on yet.

https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/7/3/7320330a83fbe870272441ba3867ec36dfe02a93.mp4

Edit: Forgot the photo of my “helmet”

4 Likes

Nice! I tried the f5s on @J0ker’s board and bought them the next day, I loved them so much. Definitely get those on there. I’m still iffy about heel straps but want to try them eventually.

You better have a real helmet if you’re riding this fast. You’ll catch a lot of flack here if you don’t… One of the more vocal points.

Could just be the angle but it looks like one of your motors is a bit askew.

Any idea what cells are in those packs?

2 Likes

Yeah get a real helmet or you will be permanently hazed and probably not allowed on any group rides. Especially at events.
I’ve got a new one for sale actually.

3 Likes

I saw that, too. Bent mount?

1 Like

Oh for sure, the f5’s are the way to go. My time is just spread at the moment is why they aren’t on there.

Yeah the motors are not aligned at the moment, I broke my last few belts, and was trying to use my oddball sizes while the new belts are on the way. Good eye, but it does seem to stand out like a sore thumb!

The packs are walkera 6s 10’000 mah 10c discharge packs. They are the smallest actual 10,000mah packs that i have tried.

2 Likes

Shit, I’m liking you guys more by the minute!!

Of course I’ve got a helmet, was just showing off the homies swag lol.

5 Likes

Great. Board looks good dude.

1 Like

A really well-known dude lost his life a while back, so it’s a sensitive subject around here.

3 Likes

is that really from just moving forward to use a shorter belt? It gives me that question mark feeling.

1 Like

The mount plates are 1/4" 17-4 stainless. If I bent them then I would likely be dead!!

20200105_160055|666x500

I got my first board stolen out of my car, so I laser etched my phone # all over the plates.
Please don’t call me guys!

6 Likes

That’s genius and badass

4 Likes

Incoming nude video chat.

7 Likes

It looks like that because one belt was like 15mm shorter and the pieces of all-thread are angled not the motor if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Cool. I just had that “angled dog head” thing going.

2 Likes

Thank you sir!

Do u mess with comedy at all btw? U seem funny af in alot of your trolls!

2 Likes

If you think I’m funny in text you should see my face. Wait… Fuck.

2 Likes