RipTide Tunnel Risers for DIY wire routing under the trucks

We (RipTide Sports) are looking into making a different iteration of our Tunnel Riser and we would like to have the community’s feedback.

This is the current version:

This is the proposed 2 part version:

This version will increase side wire clearance, increase our lot size so we can reduce the price and makes the part more versatile in that you can choose to buy one of each or two of either one for each truck depending on what you need to do wire wise. Please let us know your thoughts.

39 Likes

Angle it for wedge / de wedge?

Angled risers are a separate project…

4 Likes

I just saw this on their website. Looks like these risers could be promising.

1 Like

8 Likes

This looks great Brad! The thinner parts (bottom) also look thinner compared to the previous design, is this correct? Also, any reason to believe this 2-piece design would affect stability in a any sense compared to the old design?

1 Like

Yea I would love something like that. I bought your risers for my haya and they will not work without modification so I ended up not using them.

1 Like

@DJ4se, we are happy to exchange them for something you can use

2 Likes

@amanuelamanuel when you say thinner, do you mean the connecting web between the mount hole standoff positions? I do not believe the two part version will effect the stability of the riser at all. It will be tested to be sure though.

1 Like

Yes, that connecting web was what I was refering to! I found that mine was a bit tight if I wanted to route the sensor wires through there as well. It all fits, just a wee bit tight. If that web is thinner it might allow for a bit more wiggle room and ease my insecurites of hurting any of the wires

1 Like

It can be made thinner, it’s function is to keep the sides aligned or the standoff can be made taller.

1 Like

Are these rubber? Or solid?

Do you mean are they rigid? The current tunnel trucks offered on the website are made from 60D urethane, conform to fit the concave of your board, and are supplied with hardware.

They are polyurethane and mostly solid and hard, but very slightly bendy. From the masters of precision bendiness at RipTide.

5 Likes

Oh I really appreciate the offer but I’ve already cut some away from mine. I might just cutout the middle sexton ask together like your concept photo.

2 Likes

Been making these DIY for a while now. Love this!

6 Likes

Who knew…

3 Likes

Happy to see these are still around :sunglasses:

2 Likes

5 Likes

riptriser.STEP (136.3 KB)

6 Likes